Wednesday, June 10, 2009

House Pictures....

Alright...just a few because I'm busy! There are so many things to do and not a lot of time to do them. I'm hoping to have my kitchen redone by Saturday...but plans can change!

In the meantime, here is a pic of the only project in the house that I actually finished. Yes, I'll put something on the shelves. Wait. Does that mean it's not finished? Crud. Hannah's room is thisclose to being done. Does that count? Alright, I finished painting a project on my wall, but it's not really done, done. As in, d.o.n.e. You know? Anyway. It's the first thing you see when you walk in:

Basically, I made it in a computer program, exacto-knifed it out to make a stencil and went.to.town. It turned out smaller than I pictured it in my mind, but when I watched the kiddos walk up the stairs, I was glad I didn't make it bigger because then I would have had to hang the shelf-thingies lower and that could have been disastrous. Fur real.

****Beeeeeeeeep******** We interrupt our previously scheduled project to tell you that my daughter was playing in the toilet. Like. P.L.A.Y.I.N.G. Fun. And gross. Bath time.*************

So, smaller it stays...for now (and for some reason..it looks larger in the space when you see it in person. Why is that?). Someday I won't have kids playing lions going up the staircase stalking prey. Right?

Remember these? Here is our formal dining room where they are supposed to go...but I think they might be too small, so I'm thinking something like this instead (but on a smaller scale).


What do you think? Should I just find a large, circular scrolly-thingy (that's a technical term, by the way) to put up there? I would put up one of my five (yes FIVE!) gorgeous, large mirrors, but it would reflect ugly blinds on the other side of the room. NO GOOD.

2 comments:

Beck said...

um....you already have my vote...love what "thrifty" did and you.can.do.it! Can't wait to see what other transformations you have planned....I have seen the kitchen in progress and. omgosh. what a HUGE difference! love it.

Lora said...

Look at all of the room! I bet your kids are having fun running all around! I like the "L" in the entryway! How exciting for you!