So...here's what I've done with my laundry room after stalking hers and realizing that they don't have to look so boring and, well, like a room where work gets done.
The shelf from the previous post got some black paint and with a little help from my computer and clip art, it's now lookin' like this:
Did I ever post the picture of the old washboard? I got it at a yard sale and the grandma there said it was her grandmother's. I couldn't believe she was getting rid of it, but knew exactly what I wanted to do with it!
Now, it looks like this:
I just lightly painted it so all the distress in the wood still shows through. The swirly thingies (technical term there) were still slightly ingrained in the wood so I tried to honor its original beauty (is there such a thing in something that helps you do laundry?) by painting them.Except for painting the walls and cabinets, this room is DONE. Haha...isn't that the biggest part? Can you tell I'm dragging my feet? I have the paint for the cabinets....just lazy. Or, you know, the mother of four children. Take your pick. Anyway, it's done for now.

6 comments:
Love the wash board!
Hey Carrie!
I like your updates:)
Thanks for dropping by Poppyseeds. The images next to the "routine list" help our son remember what to do next. I also read it for him if he gets confused...just a thought for you & your boys:)
You're awesome!
love the wash board. the picture of the girl in the barn made my heart skip a beat. i remember that photo from my childhood to and would love to find another one!
I don't know if anything will make us WANT to do laundry, but if the view is better while we're there maybe it's worth it!
Cute! You can do a lot and still enjoy white walls! :-)
Post a Comment