I was talking to my friend, Shelly, on the phone this morning. She is the happy mother to twin boys incubating right now, but scheduled to make their arrival in six days. I've never heard a happier pregnant woman in her ninth month of pregnancy, much less with twins. God is so good and gracious and has left His fingerprint of pregnancy on her body. As I thought of my own pregnancies and how much I couldn't WAIT to get them out of my body, I also enjoyed times of kicking and rotating that were just between me and baby. This is a special fingerprint of God to let women share in a part of a creation process. Let's face it. God could have populated the whole earth from dust if He so chose. But to be able to be given a part of the joy of it is a gracious gift from Him.

In a little sillier attitude....
An Ode to Baby Hair.
*Ahem*
Baby hair,
Oh, baby hair.
Why do you grow in the womb?
Heartburn, I care not for
You make my heart and throat sore
And hair, it seems, is doomed.

Baby hair,
Oh, baby hair.
Why grow in and then fall out?
"Smeagol," I care not for
It makes my heart and head sore
To see my infant's 'cute' in doubt.
*Ahem*
Baby hair,
Oh, baby hair.
Why do you grow in the womb?
Heartburn, I care not for
You make my heart and throat sore
And hair, it seems, is doomed.

Baby hair,
Oh, baby hair.
Why grow in and then fall out?
"Smeagol," I care not for
It makes my heart and head sore
To see my infant's 'cute' in doubt.

Baby hair,
Oh, baby hair.
Why did you clog the drain?
Daddy's trimmer I used
On tufts of hair that abused
Their right to grow in vain.
Oh, baby hair.
Why did you clog the drain?
Daddy's trimmer I used
On tufts of hair that abused
Their right to grow in vain.

Baby hair,
Oh, baby hair.
My baby now is bald.
Like an old man he looks,
Can you say "Mel Brooks?"
But at least now 'cute' he is called.
Oh, baby hair.
My baby now is bald.
Like an old man he looks,
Can you say "Mel Brooks?"
But at least now 'cute' he is called.

14 comments:
Um, that was a totally cute (and accurate) poem!
Precious photos and fun poem!
Happy Mother's Day!
great Fingerprint Friday!
Happy Mother's Day!
Jen
What a way to document the "first haircut" and I use that term loosely. Good thing he is soooo cute....or I might have to fault you for doing such a thing to my dear nephew who is not even hit the big "1" yet! LOL....B:)
What a sweet poem, but he looks pretty cute in all the photos to me, with or without hair!
So cute. Love all the pics and the one of your tummy too. What a positive way to look at the craziness that pregnancy brings. Thank you Lord for allowing us mommys to be a part of your beauty. And thank you Carrie for the gentle reminder. (Now that you're not prego!) ;)
What a precious fingerprint post! I forgot how it felt like to be 9 months pregnant and sitting in a quiet room feeling them kick and turn. And the hic-ups my son always had were so neat!
Your post brought a smile to my face, a perfect fingerprint for Mothers day!
It was so great talking to you this morning! Thank you for all your great mommy insights. You are an amazing mom!
xoxox
Shelly
That's a great picture! My pregger tummy was not that stretch mark free sadly! Have a great mother's day!
I can't believe how different the littlest man looks with his head shaved! He's so sweet!!!
"God could have populated the whole earth from dust if He so chose" - what a good point! I'd never thought of it that way before... great post!
Loved it! And I love the belly picture!
Very cute poem! Your son is so handsome!
Happy Mother's Day to you!
"God could have populated the whole earth from dust if He so chose" - I love that comment!!
You are so right and I've never thought of it that way.
Happy Mother's Day!
It's great to see you. :)
Post a Comment