Friday, May 15, 2009

Fingerprint Friday

If you'd like to participate in Fingerprint Friday, follow this link.


This picture speaks to me because that is the table I read the Bible at and my favorite Bible to read and study from. The words have sometimes blurred in my glazed-over eyes, have caused confusion in a head that is not able to fully understand, frustration in a heart that is not ready to understand, and conviction in a spirit when I finally and fully understand. God has used His Word to breathe life into me and satisfy my wearied or troubled soul. From man's creation, to his fall. From Egyptian captivity to religious captivity. From the first birth to the virgin birth. From circumcision to baptism. From water to wine to healing by merely touching His robe. From a kiss to the cross. From the first sacrifice, to the final sacrifice. From the beginning to the end. They have and continue to be my food. My sustenance. My Bread. I see the fingerprint of God in every page, every scripture, every letter.

I hope and pray that the people that walk through the doors of our house will see this picture and come to understand that true satisfaction comes from God alone.

10 comments:

Rebekah said...

Beautiful post!

Vicki said...

Beautiful photograph and wonderful message!

littlebird said...

sometimes it's good to have a wee visual reminder of something we believe in.
(and i might have been a bit tempted to chuck the snail into next door's garden but i'm not admitting it!)
Have a good weekend : )

Heather Rodriguez said...

That was very nicely written and very true. :)

artsyclay said...

He is indeed the Bread of Life. Thank you for a beautiful post.

Beadin By The Sea said...

Beautifully and thoughtfully written... thanks for sharing your heart.

Brenda said...

Your picture speaks volumes! What a great Fingerprint Friday post!

Nic said...

I love you. :)

That was wonderfully written.

Brooke said...

That's so awesome palio. Love it and LOVE the way that pic turned out!!! Very inspiring! P.S. I'm thinking that needs to be like 16X20. : )

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Carrie, your words are just stunning.