Here's how it went down.
We walked in and picked out a muffin. His was chocolate, chocolate chip (sorry in advance, teacher, for my son bouncing off the walls), mine-blueberry. and then sat down. I served him orange juice realizing that in a few short years I will serve NO ONE on Mother's Day (honey, I expect you to reinforce this) and then made myself a cup of coffee (thank you teachers for not assuming I'd have juice like my kid).
we giggled
(note to self: do NOT leave the house without wearing under eye concealer, you old fart!)
We had a special time with just the two of us talking about how God gives us special gifts and that apparently, his is not to run fast because there are boys who can run faster than him in his class. He asked what my special gift was and I told him that Mommy was a pretty good drawer. Wanna know what that funny buddy of mine said? "Well, you don't draw as good as me 'cause I draw really good." Uumm...yeah. He has self-esteem issues. Really. They just don't come out his mouth. Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. We'll have to work on that.(note to self: do NOT leave the house without wearing under eye concealer, you old fart!)
We were the only ones in the room for a bit (did I mention the butt-crack of dawn that I got up at?) but then two of his friends walked in...then another.
And you know what? It was 'buh-bye' Mommy. *sigh* I love it and hate it all at the same time.
Noah picked out a flower for me from the centerpiece to take home and remember this morning by. Sweet, huh? He picked the one sitting right in front of me that I had smelled and told him smelled sooooo good.

It was good times and fond memories all the way around! Now hubby is gonna have a hard time topping that on Sunday!! Hint, hint. I don't ask for much. Just whatever I want, when I want it. I'm the worst kind of high maintenance.
Happy Mother's Day!!!!




5 comments:
That is so sweet! We have our muffins with mom tomorrow! I'm excited!
Ummm little sister? You are 30 now! Under eye concealer. Really. That's all you don't want to leave the house not wearing? Really. Uh-emm. I can't leave the house without a few things....ALL my makeup and the make up bag for touch ups all day long....use to think chicks were c.raaaz.y for doing that....now, I am am one of them. Oh and the other things I don't leave without? Bra and sunglasses....there. I said it. It's out there.
Now, I am sooooo glad you got to experience Muffins with Mom. My day is tomorrow. Bright and early....But I won't miss it. My kids love it. And so do I. B:)
Precious...just remind him when he is 12 what he did for mommy!
LOVE the pics!!! Esp. the silly one of course!
Happy mom's day!!
Post a Comment