Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Oh! The water main broke?!

So, anyone who rents our house is gonna get this:

an 1180sf 3/2bath house with

new wood laminate flooring
new linoleum in the bathrooms
new carpet in the bedrooms
a HUGE backyard with sprinklers
a screened-in sun porch in the back
an adorable red front door (that's new)
new outside painted stucco and trim
all new faucets
new lights in the bathrooms
newer air conditioning unit
and new, dual pane windows!

Oh, wait. What's that you say?

Oh, that's RIGHT!!!!

Now, they are also going to get a brand new water main. 'Cause ours broke and now it's fixed.

No, really, don't thank us....it was our pleasure to go three days without water to drink, showers, or water to even flush our toilets with. Really. It was like going camping. Against our will. The kids thought it was an adventure and I LOVE the smell of (dirty hair) the GREAT outdoors...inside.

Seriously, though, I'd rather it be us than our renters. (Of whom we have yet to look for.) HEY! I can only do five things at a time, people! My kids are the first four...packing is number 5!

And we have some amazing neighbors! One of them help us until 10:30pm last night and then finished it up for us today when Nic had to go to work. Yeah...I'm gonna miss this house and this neighborhood. I hope our renters feel just as blessed by it as we have.

4 comments:

MamaLieder said...

I am so sorry! Hugs to you and a margarita!

Lora said...

Are you sure you want to rent after puting all that work into the house. I might have a heart attack if someone did not take care of it. Good luck with the water main. No water for 3 days.....that is awful!

Sara said...

Sounds lovely! From what I saw when I dropped food off that one time, it would be a great place to rent. I wish we weren't stuck in a lease! Maybe you'll be ready to sell when we are looking?

Melissa said...

how much are you renting it for? where is it located. we have some great friends who were unable to buy recently but thought about upgrading to a house rather than apartment. i thought of them.