Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Advent Calendar

I decided I should post this because I know this will help keep me accountable to finish it.

Right?

So, if you know me, you know I L.O.V.E Christmas. I have taken advantage of Christmas sales that go on during July with fabric (because I'm also addicted to sewing) and...(drum roll, please)

an Advent Calendar. One of my favorite memories is that my mom used to get one of those chocolate advent calendars for us, but I always wanted one that I could have every year...so...I'm making it. And kicking myself along the way. Thankfully, my pal-e-o Brooke is willing to come over and help sometimes. We watch Pride and Prejudice, Anne of Green Gables, or Sense and Sensibility. All totally worthy of hand-sewing-I'm-going-to-lose-my-mind night.

This is pretty much how it starts:



This is where I'm at:



This is what it's supposed to look like when I'm done:

http://craftersmarket.net/adcalwligcol.html

2 comments:

Nic said...

it's break time. you should recheck my profile. :P

Brooke said...

I love benefiting from your crafty streaks! I'll hand sew with ya anytime baby!