Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Nic didn't like it....

No harvest party for Luke. I believe his exact words were, "It would mean nothing to him." And you know what? He's right. Stinkin' man. Guess what we're thinking of now? (Notice that I said 'we' this time?) Thomas the Train. Yay. (Did you note all the sarcasm happening in that one word sentence?). It's not TOO bad...but soooooo boring. No pumpkins or decorating my home for Thanksgiving/birthday. You know, two birds-one stone. Everyone loves that little blue train, right? Bah. Boring for mom. Fun for him. Another selfless decision made by Mom. Guess I'll go searching for Thomas cakes now....did I mention I think it's boring? Just checking. Here's what I've found so far:




Of course, I'd have to make it on a much larger scale because my family alone is 24 people eating cake, but I figure I can use some of the boy's train set to embellish the island of Sodor a little more. We have the lumber mill, the round house...really, the only cake part needed is for the island itself. We'll see how this goes, huh?

On another note-and something done just for me (okay, okay, I did it for Nic, too)...We saw The Dark Knight last night. The movie was fantastic! And you know, I can totally understand why Heath Ledger had a hard time sleeping. YIKES. Deep, dark, definitely NOT your POW, BAM, BOOM, "Holy rats, Batman!" label-laden Batman sitcom, that's for sure. Surely not something you'd take any child under 15 to see...although, gaging by the amount of people who brought their 7, 6, 5, yes even 2 year old's to see the Joker repeatedly threaten to slice peoples mouths in a permanent smile...there were lots of kids waking up from a fitful sleep all night long and lots of parents scratching their heads wondering why on earth their child won't sleep. Um, get a clue.

That being said....LOVED the movie. Will be buying the movie, for sure. But it would not be a movie I would pop in the dvd player for a relaxing night of television.

Had a MOPS meeting this morning where my child proceeded to pretend to be naughty and fight every other child in the room. My child was one of THOSE children you always talk about after you pick your kid up. "Gosh, I'm so glad my kids don't act like that." "You know what that kid needs is a spanking!" "If that were my kid, he wouldn't live to see tomorrow." Yeah, that was MY kid today! My sweet little Noah who dotes on his sister and encourages his brother on Sunday mornings to not be afraid of Sunday school class. Yup. MY KID. Just so you all know...He did get a spanking and has lost the privilage of playing in the same room with his cousin the next time we go (she was his accomplice). My kid, the bully. The meanie. The kid you warn your children about. I am ashamed.

Seriously though, you feel as if everything you've taught them goes out the window in one bad morning. Disobedience is a killer. Don't laugh, it's true. Part of my trust of him behaving when Mommy is not around, well, it died. Thank goodness God does not have any expectations of us. Our disobedience does not come as a surprise to Him at all because he knows the hearts of men are evil. Oh, but the disappointment. I can understand His sorrow over our disobedience today. What a horrible representation of Christ I would have been had I acted as Noah did today. And I act 'naughty' all the time. Lord, help me. Forgive me.

Just so you all can see how sweet he USUALLY is...here is a NICE picture of my bully.

3 comments:

MamaLieder said...

I know you are going to be QUEEN BEE of this blogging thing. Love the Thomas the Train...we did trains for the dude and you can make it "cute and fun". Wasn't Batman the best ever...Bruce Wayne is all I have to say. Love the stories!

Cindy said...

When do you have time to blog??? I know I have time to read yours, but that's thoughtless. I feel like I'm having a conversation with you. You really do make me laugh. Thanks!! I needed it after the battling the nap time monsters. It never fails to amaze me....we do it every day at the same time yet they continue to fight it. Are they new around here? Be sure to post a pic of the blue train cake. I can't wait to see your creation!

Ann-Marie said...

That is funny! I'm worried about what Colson is like when I'm not around. Which MOPS group do you attend?