Ok...I'm a sucker like any other person who has danced at any point in their life (or always wished they would have).
I really, really, really like this show. I'm a HUGE fan of Mia Michaels and HATE that they haven't had more of Wade Robson on the show this year.
I really, really, really hated Twitch and Katee's dance last week for the simple reason that adding a make-out kiss (whether real or not) is NOT dancing. The dance would have lost NOTHING if they had left that out and I thought it was entirely inappropriate. I felt like I was ten years old again and a sex scene had come on in a movie with my dad behind me telling me to cover my eyes and look away (yes, I watched some inappropriate movies when I was little). But the point is...I looked away instinctively when they started kissing..er...making out on stage. Once it was beyond that point, the dance itself was amazing and pretty true to life if not how maybe some of you act out when you're mad. Hehe.
Granted, I have heard complaints over the costumes, the contemporary dances, and the suggestive moments of the dancing from a number of sources. All of which, being a dancer, I can understand because contemporary dancing is an acquired taste (until you do it, you don't know how hard it really is) and hot pants or short are MUCH easier to dance in and allow you to show your lines better than other leggings. I get that some dances are, by their very creation, the love story between a man and a woman. How could you do a Mambo and NOT shake your booty or do a shimmy? You'd be leaving out the very essence of the dance. You can't do a waltz without looking longingly into the other persons eyes or running your hand across their face (which, by the way, can be way more intimate a moment than a hand up a leg) without failing to draw the audience into the love story you are trying to tell. I know it's not the routine nor the costumes that tempts dancers to start relationships with each other. It's all about the down-time and spending a load of time with one person. I know that when you are actually practicing the routine and performing it, the last thing you are thinking about is: gosh, this girl is HOT. I love the way the outfit shows her stomach and the way that strap is non-existant on her shoulder. I can't wait to move my hips in a suggestive manner towards her. Nope...they're thinking: this foot here. This move coming up. Don't slouch here. Hold my line. Smile. Get into the character. ACT like I love this person. Act like I hate this person. Oh geez, I hate this lift. Oh good, she didn't fall. Etc.
HOWEVER...being a Christian, even I have to question whether some things are appropriate for the VIEWERS who happen to be young impressionable girls, or husbands of wives who watch the show. I know I would not allow my pre-teen son (if I had one) to watch this show and I would screen it for my daughter and only allow her to watch some of the dances (even if she was a dancer). Just my $.02 because, like I said, I watch it and love it, but my kids are small and in bed when it comes on.
And last night...Courtney ROCKED IT! I'm not a big fan of Katee. I don't know why. She's a great dancer, but she bugs me. I like Chelsie and can sympathize with how hard it is to be a ballroom dancer and do a solo. She's got it rough in that department. Twitch was hilarious, Mark was amazing (love him the best with Courtney). Joshua is good...he's paired with Katee so I have a hard time liking him, too. Anyway...my picks to go based on DANCING are Chelsie and Twitch. But I would personally prefer to see Chelsie in the finals over Katee. Who I THINK will go home? Courtney and Twitch. So sad. Courtney is my favorite and has been for weeks now. Even before Gev left (he was a perv, by the way).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
OK OK OK....we differ and that's ok. Chelsie...annoying didn't like watching her at all. I love Katee ( I have loved her fromt he beginning) and Kourtney (who has grown on me). The boys they were paired with were awesome with them the best matches yet. It will be very interesting to see who goes home. My vote...vote off Chelsie and Twich. Can't wait to find out.
Post a Comment