Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"Weighing in...

...at 300lbs in the defender's corner is Carrie!" (The crowd goes wild!) "And in the challenger's corner...weighing in at 3oz is....





A CHOCOLATE DONUT!" (A silent hush falls across the audience as they ponder the winner).

.
..
...


I won.

Until tomorrow when I weigh myself again. And then, the donut won, I'm sure.

I don't want to talk about it.

So, I finally cut Hannah's hair. For those of you who haven't seen her in a while, she had these really long patches of hair that I used to put it up into pig tails. Well, my dear brother in law said that I should curl those long pieces and put a yamaca on her. Yeah...she really would have looked Jewish. Time to cut the hair.

Hannah BEFORE (Please disregard the corn on her face. She LOVES corn on the cob. Wrestles with it, actually. She wins. She's her mother's daughter.):



Hannah AFTER:



Muuuuch better. Although, now, her little pigtails are so short they really stick just straight up from her head and makes her look like she has horns. Hey, I tried.

In other news. I have learned two is my lucky number. (Wait, do we believe in luck? I didn't think so...bear with me).


Nic was my second relationship...I totally scored!
Our second year of marriage, Noah was born.
I had TWO boys (I recommend it to everyone-not to mention if this baby is a girl, we'll have two girls, too.)
I get sick in my SECOND month of pregnancy (because week 5 is considered the beginning of your second month).
I throw up at least TWO times a day for the next TWO months.
I went TWO weeks without puking.
Until yesterday.
I have now stuck my head in the toilet for the past TWO days.

You know...babycenter.com says that by fourteen weeks, your morning sickness is supposed to subside. They also say I'm sixteen weeks. That, again my friend, is TWO weeks. Now, I've never been a conspiracy theorist, but even I'm beginning to wonder.

1 comment:

Nic said...

Seriously, I could read your writing all day long and never get bored*. I think I lol'd 3 times just on this post alone.

However, one nagging question still looms on my mind...we have chocolate doughnuts and you didn't TELL ME????

Love ya. 8)


* This comment is certified to be 100% genuine and contains zero "smoke-up-your-butt".