Ok, here's the deal. I desperately need to think of a cute theme for Luke's birthday party. I was thinking harvest party (his birthday is in October). I would serve taco soup (YUMMY!) and have scarecrows and pumpkins everywhere. I mean, sure, right? Why not? Well, it's the cake that has me baffled. My children's cakes are my favorite thing about planning their birthday parties (beside the kid, of course) and I take great pains to make each one unique, cute, frustrating, difficult, and edible. I succeed in at least the last three every time.
I could, of course, just do a pumpkin, but how annoyingly boring. I was thinking a scarecrow, but then is that too close to a Halloween theme (which is a holiday I prefer not to partake in). In the past, I have done a treasure chest, a palm tree with a monkey, Winnie the Poohs face, a butterfly swarm of cupcakes around flowers...
And yes, I'm serious. I know it's two months away, but seriously, these things take time!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment