I read through the Bible a looooooooong time ago. So long, I don't even remember how long it took or why I did it. I think it was for Wednesday night church.
Sister and brother-in-law, Brooke and Kevin, are reading through the Bible in 90 days. 90 DAYS!!!! I have to say that I'm impressed by Brooke's perseverance and stamina in reading 16 chapters of the Bible every day! She always loves a challenge (she is also very competitive-hehe) and so do I (am I).
So, along with a poor, poor score in Bible Scattergories the other night (I lost to Brooke...see that competitiveness come out in me???) and the realization that I can't even remember when or why I did it the first time, has made me believe that I should do it again. (But trust me, it will take me longer than 90 days!)
So, I started with Hosea (because there's something strange for me about starting in Genesis...I'm weird, I know) and am now reading Amos.
This scripture stuck out to me:
And it came about when it had finished eating the vegeatation of the land, that I said, "Lord God, please pardon! How can Jacob stand, for he is small?" The Lord changed His mind about this. "It shall not be," said the Lord. Amos 7:2-3
What stuck out was the idea that the Lord changed His mind. Is this truly what the scripture is saying? Does the Lord change His mind? What do you think? I have an idea of what I think, but I want to see what you all have to say (which means you would have to COMMENT). :)
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I don't like starting in Genesis also, I skip around.
This is always a mind blowing scripture to me. Could there be a translation issue? Could it also be more along the lines of God wanting us to prove we understand more than necessarily changing His mind?
I don't know! But I have to say I like Jackie's answer. :)
LOL...the funniest thing about the Bible in 90 Days is I'm forced to not do inductive study, which I'm TRAINED to do...this would be a "inductive" question that I would go back to the Hebrew in when I'm NOT doing 90 days : )
I love that I challenged you friend! And YES, as most friends know I'm competitive which is why I'm GOING to do this in 90 Days.
On another note...any of you up for the challenge, I must say, IT'S WORTH IT...I will probably do this every year, more realistically every OTHER year, in between studies. I have learned so much.
Let us know what you conclude friend!
Post a Comment