Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sewing, Scrapbags, and Sweet Cheeks

Last night, my sister came over with her daughter to sew with me! Never mind that she just won the scrap bag I gave away (what are the odds???? You should check out her winning post...she's very modest about the whole thing!). Her new Brother sewing machine came in!!! (That my mom bought for her.)

And now, I no longer question why men always refer to cars as if it was a female with two legs. "She's a beauty!" "I bet she goes from 0-60 in 1.3 seconds!" "Check out those headers, if you know what I mean!"

Because now...I can relate. "Wow, look at how strong he is!" "His reverse stitch works with a button!" "His feed dogs drop with a switch? WOW." "I bet he can sew anything, if you know what I mean!"

Yeah. I picked up my jaw from the floor long enough to show her all the wonderful things he was capable of and then wiped my drool from my bottom lip. After all, Mom did just buy me an embroidery machine, right?

Since I have made so many Abbey Bags, I have the pattern known by heart, so we made her this for her daughter's hair accessories:



Isn't that cute? She's going to hang it with a hoop from a shower curtain! Clever!

Speaking of cute things, don't you just want to suck on his cheeks? I do!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

His cheeks are just delightfully delicious!!!! How do you stop kissing on them? He is adorable and he definately looks alot like his mama :) Now.....I'm anxiously awaiting for my new little man to come so I can have another one to hug & kiss all over :) How fun!

Beck said...

Oh what fun! I got to kiss on those cheeks last night, between cutting, sewing and poking my fingers with those darn pins! But, Oh what fun!

Sara said...

What a cute idea, the hair accessory bag that is. And yes, those cheeks are kissably cute!

Heather Rodriguez said...

As always adorable baby, adorable craft. You and your crafty ways.

Unknown said...

totally want to suck on his cheeks!

Jacinda said...

Its incredible how fast they grow! Isaac's cheeks are quite munchable!

Infarrantly Creative said...

Oh my look at those sheet cheeks. Yes I wanna take a bite out of them.

Infarrantly Creative said...

I am pissed beyond belief that I missed your giveaway. i am crying now...thanks ;-(