Friday, April 24, 2009

Fingerprint Friday!

It's that time again! Go here to participate!

It's our little princesses day by default...her birthday is coming!

She is turning two and already, her fingerprint on my life is HUGE and very, very permanent.

From my desperate prayers to have a daughter
to God waking me up and telling me to name my daughter Hannah before I even knew I was pregnant
to deciding to name her after me (her middle name) what was I thinking?
to holding her in my arms for the first time
to dressing her up like a doll, always with a hair bow of some sort
to watching her mimic me
to cooking with her for the first time
to listening to her whine just like me
to asking for a kiss and her telling me, "no" Sorry, honey, I don't like the way it feels, either.
to her dying to wear shoes, preferably ones that make LOTS of noise
to her learning how to hold her own with the boys by hitting
to having to start disciplining my baby girl
to watching her love her baby 'bubba' she calls him E-Zack
to seeing her enjoy playing with cars in one hand and holding a doll in the other with heels on, of course
to asking to swing and tilting her head back and giggling



to realizing I have a LOT of work ahead of me...

God has blessed me with her in my life and I'm forever changed.

Happy birthday, Hannah! I love you more than you know.

Girl (n): a giggle wrapped in sunshine and attitude.

I promise, I won't always fingerprint about my kids....

11 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

Have to say, I enjoy children for Fingerprints..They are the best Fingerprints in this world..so you just keep on telling about them..I enjoy reading about them..they are beautiful..All my girls have the middle name Marie, for the Blessed Mother..now their (girls) children have the same,all boys carry Joseph as their middle name..

Heather Rodriguez said...

Aww, Carrie that is so sweet! Happy Birthday Hannah!!

Beck said...

I can't think of anything more precious to fingerprint than our kids! Love the picture of her on the swing with her head back....totally you! Admit it. Embrace it. It'll make her better for it.

Happy Birthday to "little" Hannah and her fingerprints!

Much Love, Auntie Becky.

Anonymous said...

I also enjoying children as fingerprints. God fingerprints are just all over them in all that they do or say. They are blessing from above.

PS Happy Birthday Hannah!

Brenda said...

She is beautiful! My baby girl just turned 16, a true drama queen but we love her to peices! Great fingerprint friday post!

MamaLieder said...

Happy Birthday Hannah girl!

Rebekah said...

Fingerprint about your kids all you like - they're adorable!

Happy birthday to your little Hannah :)

Jonna said...

Carrie you make me cry!
Because you know this hits close to home.
She is a the perfect fingerprint Friday!

artsyclay said...

There's no better Fingerprint than a child! She is precious!

Lora said...

I love it! That is how I feel about Allie. Happy Birthday little Hannah! And kids are a good fingerprint!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

That is so sweet! Happy birthday to your princess Hannah.

And write about your kids all you want. ;-)