Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Oh my achin' eye! *UPDATE*

Fur real.

My left eye has been red since Christmas when we all ended up with a cold in our eyes. I kept putting Visine in it and it would clear it up...and then it'd be back.

Obviously, it's worse when I wear make up, but never really goes away fully. And now, it has started itching and has become sensitive to the light. (Think I can pawn this off as an allergic reaction to four-legged felines? Oh, pretty please???)

Well, I FINALLY called the doctor! Yes, I'm almost worse than my husband, but his eye issue has been there since October. Let's just say, "ewwww" and leave it at that, shall we?

And I figured...since I was going...let's talk about a few other things:

The mole on the side of my nose. It's ugly AND it's getting bigger...AND it gets really irritated when I have a cold. It's a little vain, I'll admit it...but I really want it gone, gone, GONE.

I also have psoriasis on my scalp and the over-the counter shampoos are only doing so much. Time for some medical intervention.

And then there's the skin issue on my back. I don't have that soft, pretty back skin that everyone around me wearing backless shirts has. Again...I'll just say "ewww" and leave it at that. It always starts to bug me around spring time when tank-tops are the fashion because it's noticeable. I guess there's another vanity, huh?

Alright, fine.

Might as well admit them all while I'm at it! I desperately hate my flabby arms, flabby belly (before you say "ewww" remember that I had four kids in five years!), flat butt, and breastfeeding 'scars.' (Those that know me will know EXACTLY what that is.)

There.
Said. Out. Loud.
Are you happy?

'Cause I feel a little bit better. Heh, who knew!?

Back to the doctors appointment:

While we're at it, I haven't had a physical since, well...high school. Probably should get some blood work done, at least.

Someone forgot to tell me that you start falling apart at age 29 and a half (Because I'll never be t.h.i.r.t.y). Was it you? Shame on you!

Somehow, I feel as though I've reached the TMI of my body now, so I'll spare you the rest. Just consider yourself lucky I didn't tell you about my chin hair. (Oh, wait...)

*UPDATE*

I'm baaack!

And no joke...the doctor was like music to my ears...

"Do you have animals in your house?"
"We did up until about five months ago. Now they are in the garage."
"Cats?"
"Yup."
"Did they sleep on your pillow?"
"They wouldn't dare."
"Still, I would keep them out of your house. It's really windy today and you said your eye looked better today, so it could be you developed an allergy to them. I'm sure there is still cat hair and dander in your house even after five months and it's hard to pin-point a cause, but that could be it."
"Doc, that is music to my ears."

Muahahaahahahaha!

Two kitties for sale!! (FREE!) They are guaranteed to jump on your counters...after they've walked in the litter box (clean or not...it's got poop and pee residue aka 'dander'), licking their butts and then licking you (fun, huh?) and rubbing up against your walls and leaving black marks. Don't you want them???? (Can you tell how much I like cats?)

Sooo....eye drops, topical application for my psoriasis and an appointment for my mole to be removed (are you KIDDING ME???? I'm peeing my pants over this!) later...I'm lovin' me some doctor right now.

9 comments:

Heather Rodriguez said...

Your a nut.

Kristin said...

you are out of control!
love the transparency!! it blesses people, we all start to break down a little but are afraid to share. I have a crazy whisker on my chin, i can honestly say the ONLY black hair on my body!!

Lora said...

Oh, welcome! I have not had 4 kids, but I have the flabby belly! LOL! You are too funny and you will get some of your body back....not to uplifitng I know.

Hope your eye feels better. I use systane eye drops when my eyes are bad. You can get them at Target, a little pricey, but well worth it. My eye doc suggested them to me.

Lora said...

oh yes, just wait until you are 36 and wrinkles start to appear!

Cindy said...

You are killing me! Thanks for making me laugh..not at you, but at your conversation that I just read. I love that you write how you talk. I do that same thing and never found a good use for it until I started blogging. Thank you for being you Carrie! We love you just the way you are. Minus the red eye bit. ;)

MamaLieder said...

Did you really tell him about all your issues? Glad it's an allergy!!!

Sara said...

I really enjoy reading your blog! You make me smile! I hope your eye gets better soon. Oh and you look way better than I do after 4 kids and I've only had 1, so feel blessed!

Jonna said...

You crack me up! ❤

Lora said...

I had a mole removed off my face when I was in 8th grade. My mom knew I would want it done....so yeah if you want it done!

...And I am allergic to cats too. Make my eyes red and I break out into a rash.