What's the best thing that can happen to your kids the week before a birthday party at your house?
A cleaning lady, cook, and chauffeur? Yes, I tell you!!!!
But that's not what I got.
OH, no.
The flu.
Yeah.
In the car, even.
It's a loverly bunch of coconuts, I tell you. (With a slight smell of bile.)
Oh, don't cry for me, Argentina, because I...I will survive. (Yes, I do live my life to songs.)
Before you all assume I'm the one that's sick, let me assure you that my eldest has contracted the flu yet again this year. I'm lovin' me some preschool, I tell you. Can you believe I'm actually PAYING for him to go and get sick? I'm so glad that my husband's hard earned money has earned us the right to have numerous colds, flues, RSV and whatever else those fevers were that produced NOTHING but panic from Mom who was desperately trying to keep her newborn away from loving brothers and sister.
Now, puke reeks in my car and I'm dis-infecting my bathroom for the fifth time today...just in case!
So, again...for all the times my kiddos have gotten a certain sister-in-laws kiddos sick...I'm sorry again. (But before you take a whack at me I thought I'd put this tidbit out there: If you homeschool, where will your kiddos immune systems get built up other than getting sick from MY kids. So really...I'm doing you a favor...right? Maybe?)
Pray that all my kids get sick and over it before Saturday, would ya? Thanks!
Until then...I'll just listen to Hannah roar like a lion. It's so (annoyingly) cute. And watch tigers and cheetahs run and eat prey on youtube. That is, of course, after the two hour video of Blue's Clues! (You knew I'd tie in the title somehow, right?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Yuk! I hate the pukes. If it makes you feel better I have been dealing with headaches (not mine) and a bloody nose from running it a door. No worries though. Hope he feels better and it doesn't start a puke fest. B:)
Just lovely. When I taught preschool, I referred to my classroom as a petri dish of germs.
Just great! I am so sorry and was hoping that this post was a memory of the past, not actually happening today. Arghhh! You all are in our prayers for speedy recoverys and no more puke. Yuck!
I owe ya. You have been a great source of immunity building for my family. : ) No puke here...yet...we're praying for God's mercy that at least it won't get in their beds if it does happen! : )
I like your new design...cute. But yet you still torture me with word verification. Good thing I love you enough to type a few more letters like i.n.g.e.s.s
Yuck on the sickies. I have been down for two days was a nasty flu bug also.
Hi! This is another Llanos; that pays $150.00 a week for the same thing! That's so funny! If I am not cleaning the "snot-trail"; I am trying to scrub out the so-called "washable" paint. I hope everyone feels better take care!
Rachael-Isn't it grand? I'm hoping all the germs we're getting this year will make up for my other three kids. You think???
Post a Comment