Yup, I've got it.
I met with the doctor on Monday. He said (and I quote), "I don't feel comfortable with inducing you with these kind of discrepancies in your measurements. A few months ago, a woman with your exact measurements was on baby number seven with four ten-pounders under her belt. This one was another ten-pounder and she rejected the offer of a c-section because she had done it before. Her baby got stuck and died during childbirth. My ultimate goal is a healthy baby and a healthy mom. I think inducing is the worst possible decision in your situation. I am very uncomfortable with it, but will do it if you are willing to take the risk."
Called Nic. He said, "Um, yeah. I want you both healthy and alive. Is it really worth the risk to fight for a vaginal birth?"
I said, "&%^#!" And then conceded.
And now I feel like somewhat of a push-over and am dreading recovery, especially with three kids.
December 29th at 5pm, in case you all wanted to know.
Boo. This was NOT how I wanted my last pregnancy to end. But it does make it a surety that I will NOT be having anymore. I'm getting my tubes tied. Twice.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I'm sorry to hear that!! I will have a couple of days off of work and can come by to help out if you need it! We will also need to organize some meals for you guys!
That stinks! I know how you feel. I will be more than happy to help out in any way that I can.
We will be praying for you, baby Isaac and a speedy recovery!! I can't wait to meet baby Isaac!
I can help too in any way, just say the word. You have my prayers for the speediest possible recovery. Love you!
That stinks...I almost emailed Brooke to see if the little booger was out. We will plan some meals for you and let us know what you need.
I am sorry that it has turned out this way but the ultimate goal is a healthy mommy and baby. Ditto on the meals and let me know if there is anything else!
Copy all that those above me have said. I think many of us have had c-sections, so we know what you will be going through. And besides...we want you and Issac around too, so let me be selfish for a minute and say...quite your complaining and get a c-section. If you aren't around to visit and go help take meals, etc, I'm going to be awfully mad. More mad than you right now! So know we are all here for you and we are all your personal prayer warriors. God's plan will prevail and even if it's last minute. We love you and are here for you.
Did you really schedule for 5pm?? Does that mean you can't eat ALL day long? Um...if that's the case, I'd be super angry and NO fun to be around. Please tell us how we may help besides prayer that you don't hurt anyone between now and then.
I bet she can have a light breakfast... if not... watch out world! :)
I had a c-sec, unplanned, with my first, so at least you've had the natural experience once! But I'm sorry and we will be praying!
Post a Comment