Some days we get to stay home and I get to sleep in until 7am. And yes, that is sleeping in. Other mornings, I have to get up at 6:15am to get myself, and all three kids dressed to take Noah to school by 8am.
Other than those discrepancies, my day always starts out the same. How, you ask?
Alarm buzzing (Nic's or my own) and at least one slap for snooze.
Alarm buzzing again. (If it's MY alarm, there's a good chance this will happen a third time)
Get bumped by Nic (rather harshly, I might add) who says, "Get up, Carrie!" I assume he uses my name instead of an endearment because it makes more of an impact rather than think he's annoyed with trying to wake me.
Get bumped by Nic again. Hey, give me a break...from conception to birth, I hardly get a good four hours of sleep at night while I'm pregnant. I'm a real joy to be around when I haven't had any sleep. You should ask Nic about it. I'm sure he'd clue you in to the crazy-pregnant-lady-gonna-snap-at-any-moment drama.
Then, when I'm in the mid-state of sleep and waking and my body is begging me to succumb to the ending of that dream I was just having, I hear a jolt of a screech, "DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (wait for it...'cause it comes again, but this time even LOUDER.) "DADDDDDYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED TO GO PEE-PEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Nic, of course, can't hear him because he is in the bathroom with the door shut brushing his teeth with an electric toothbrush.
"Honey!" I yell, "Noah is calling you."
"OKAY!"
What was that dream I was having again? By this time, I can't remember and I'm pretty much just feigning sleep in a desperate attempt to now talk MYSELF back into sleeping. I tell myself, "Self, sleep is good. Sleep is restful. Sleep is PEACEFUL. Sleep is exactly what you"-"DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Ah, nuts.
By this time, of course, our son's desperate attempt to make contact with the porcelain throne has managed to wake up his brother (who needs more sleep than his older brother) and his sister (who will sleep until 7:30 if un-interrupted).
So...the house is awake and that dream of my water-breaking and labor beginning has taken a back seat to breakfast desires and the morning's round of potty breaks and diaper changes.
Like any good mom, I roll (while moaning, of course), like a beached whale, out of bed, go to the bathroom for the tenth time since I went to bed the evening before, pull back my greasy hair, splash cold water on my face hoping to get that 'hang-over' look off my face, and begin our day.
Have I mentioned that I love it when my mom has the kids spend the night at her house?
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
WOW.... wait, let me say it again... WOW! I wonder if I would still be sane if I had to wake up that early every day. You are amazing! You are such a great mom!
Whew! - Do you need a coffee i.v.?
Yes, yes I do need a coffee IV, thank you.
I don't know about being a good mom...but I just keep thinking that SOMEDAY they'll know what I did for them! :)
Sounds familiar, but I am not pregnant and I only have two! You win!! I feel so sorry for how you feel....I remember last year just where you are.
Wow, just think how it will be with four! >:)
At least you won't be carting that belly around. I can't wait! *gleeful squeal*
No you did not attach a youtube video of a beached whale to this!!! You are out of control!
I guess I should stop thinking that when my kids wake up at 7:30 it's WAY too early and they need at least another 1/2 hour of sleep. : )
Did you watch it? Because they BLOW UP THE WHALE!!! LOL!!!!! (He's already dead, so it's not disturbing, just funny how they can't figure out what to do with it, so they blow it up.)
Hilarious Carrie! Love the whale, been there four times myself. Life is good and will get bettere! All my love, Mish
Right there with ya... I could have wrote this!
Post a Comment