So, on top of finding the last piece of Brooke's present, I ALSO believe it's safe to assume she will have NO CLUE what I got her for Christmas. If you have ever tried to get Brooke a gift, you'd have to know that she either finds out on accident (hehehe...don't worry, we won't name names, Val. Your secret is safe with me.), looks through your things and stumbles upon something for her (not that she's a klepto, she's just that comfortable at my house and I wouldn't change that for the world), OR...she guesses and asks you point blank. I don't know about you people, but I suck at lying. I smile immediately. It's a fault I'm desperately trying to fix.
So....like I was saying...I finished finding it this morning and wrapped it while the kiddos napped. And yes, it took me the whole three hours to wrap it. (Are you wondering, Brooke? Trying to guess? Well...DON'T!)
Another thing to jiggle my belly to ('cause that's my only form of dancing) is that I got my free 8.5x11" album from Snapfish today. It was free if you went onto Oprah's site...and I'm all for making Oprah pay for something for me since our nation will have to pay for her endorsement of our future president....but I digress...
Yet ANOTHER thing to be excited about is that my mom paid to have my nails done. I know some of you wouldn't be excited, but seeing how I do nails every other weekend to everyone else but me, I was SO thankful to be able to relax and let someone pamper me.
And yet ANOTHER thing I can say woohoo! to is that I'm especially thankful and grateful for all the things the Lord has given me. I usually let the little things slip by, but my Beth Moore Bible study yesterday reminded me to rejoice in all the little things that God does and not just the BIG things. So...I thought I'd make a list:
Both our cars run. Thank you for a ride to work and play, Lord.
All three of our kids are free of cancer and disease. Thank you for our little blessings, Lord.
Isaac is still wiggling and jiggling my tummy to let me know he's ok. Thank you for giving us one more, Lord.
Nic has a solid, good paying job. Thank you for provision, LORD!
We have a cozy house filled with love and conversations about God. Thank you for your Word, Lord.
Our extended family is of good health and fun to be around. Thank you for good family, Lord.
We are celebrating the birth of our Savior this month. Thank you for salvation, Lord.
We have more material possessions that we will ever need. Thank you for giving us more than we need, Lord.
We are not starving, nor hungry, nor without a place to lay our head. Thank you for watching over us, Lord.
I really think I could go on and on....and on....
There are big things God is doing for us, too, and we are prayerful and hoping to be receiving of that still small voice telling us what to do.
Here's to finding joy in the little things!!!! (You know, all these little things sure sound like big things! But they are the things we usually take for granted.)
I'm off to make meatloaf now!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
oh yes, the LORD is grand!! :)
It's the little things...it really is.
ROFOL about me and my "specialness" and smiling about your thankfulness! All I can say is I LOVE YOU too! And I'm so thankful for YOU!!! : )
I love the list Carrie. I love to reflect on things that I am thankful for and your list is such a blessing. Enjoy each moment with those wiggly little fingers and toes inside of you!
Post a Comment