Thursday, December 18, 2008

Who ya gonna call?

Seriously, somebody needs to contact the Ghostbusters because the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man has taken over my body. We need one of those ghost sucker-thingy's to get the beast out of my body. I am swollen, swollen, swollen. And it's no longer limiting itself to my stomach and my nose. (Have I mentioned before that pregnancy makes my nose get bigger? Just checking.)

My hands are hard to fist, my feet feel like I'm wearing rubber flippers and look like I should be saying "Yabba, dabba, doooo....." while using them to accelerate my car.
My ankles are practically non-existant so I no longer look like an apple walking on toothpicks. Now, I look like a watermelon walking on pencils. Is that some kind of an upgrade??? My butt is big (read: WIDE), my double chin is hiding a sandwich somewhere, I'm sure, and my chest has started to swallow my head. I love pregnancy.

I have yet another ultrasound today. Why, you ask? Because the doc wants to know just how big this kiddo is. If we find out he's measuring big already (doc mentioned, "like, 8 pounds"), he wants to induce me even earlier than the 29th. Wanna know what date he suggested? Guess. No really. Considering the month, it shouldn't be that hard.

He's on-call on Christmas Eve.

That's right. He'd willingly make more work for himself that day. Thankfully, I am UNWILLING to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas itself away from my other three kids. It's also RSV season, so no kiddos are allowed to visit siblings. It'd be just me and Isaac. In the hospital. Being waited on. Having someone make meals for me. Having someone do the dishes for me. Doing pretty much nothing except fielding visitors and watching TV. Wait....why am I not going for that? Oh, right...the other kiddos. Yeah...even in my most selfish moment, I just can't willingly do that to my kids. I can't wait to see the looks on their faces on Christmas morning and viewing it through a video camera is not the same moment of motherly bliss when you realize you've outdone yourself and the kids think you're the greatest. I live for moments like those.

HOWEVER, if he wants to induce on the 22nd and I'd be home by Christmas Eve night...yeah...I'd go for that.

9 comments:

Beck said...

Okay - in my selfish moments (note: moments is plural cause I have a lot of them) I want you to be induced on the 22nd. Wait. Do I get to vote. No. Well then, I am just being the selfish older sister that wants to be there for your moment and if you have to wait until the 29th I can't be. How's that for selfish. Oh and by the way, Christmas Eve doesn't work for me either, I would miss out on good food while I sit at the hospital waiting for Isaac. Yes. Another selfish moment. Hugs and kisses....xoxo and extra ones to the 3 munchkins. B:)

ps my word verification is "sesistra." Is that some play on "selfish sister?"

Sarah said...

okay i admit i have blog stalked your post for a while now, and you crack me up! i just had a baby on oct. 2nd so i am totally relating to you on the prego subject! by the way you sort of know me... from BHS i was at the reunion i am old friends w/Kelley you were hanging w/her that evening.. anyways you are so funny and i love reading your blog! hey i saw you on facebook i am going to add you as a friend! take care and good luck w/the new baby!!

Heather Rodriguez said...

He really suggested Christmas Eve? Really? Thats nuts!

Anyway, I cant wait to hear how big the u/s says baby Isaac is!!

Jonna said...

Now you absolutely MUST post a blog later today. I have to know what your doctor says about the ultrasound and date of induction. He cannot do Christmas Eve... that is just CRAZY!!! (but also it's pretty awesome that he doesn't mind giving up his Christmas but that's beside the point)

... and you're beautiful pregnant. So stop saying those things!!!

Unknown said...

I always look forward to reading your blog. You have the best sense of humor I know. I look forward to hearing about your ultrasound results:)

Cindy said...

I say the 22nd! Let's get Issac here and go on with the show for Christmas day. You'll just have had a baby and your family can wait on you hand and foot while you watch the other 3 open gifts. Come on out little man...the world awaits you and mommy is starting to get cranky. ;)

Nic said...

Finally! Now you can relate to me in a new way. Now we both have Fred Flintstone feet!

Jonna said...

I'm with Cindy, the 22nd would be perfect... or even better, maybe tomorrow? You always make me laugh too! (but I don't like when you pick on yourself!

Lora said...

Poor little Carrie....Those last weeks seem FOREVER! I think he will be born on the 23rd and you will be home Christmas Eve! I am praying for you and baby Isaac!