Monday, December 15, 2008

For the first time ever... **update**

...I'm glad Isaac is NOT here.

I'm sick. Nic's sick. I think our kids are getting sick, yet again. My house is a wreck. I have three Christmas presents I still have sew, four if you count Noah's stocking. I have dirty dishes in my sink, clean ones in my dishwasher that I loathe to put away. It's raining (which I normally love) so I can't send the kids outside. Both Noah and Luke peed through their pull ups last night which means more laundry than the five piles we already have taking over our bedroom.

HOWEVER....I am glad Isaac is not here to add to the chaos just yet. I see a tiny bit of God's plan in NOT having labor begin. I also am getting the nesting bug. MUST HAVE A CLEAN HOUSE! I MUST, I MUST! I'm thankful I'm getting the urge BEFORE I'm breastfeeding a newborn.

I'm off to start...and no, I'm not taking pictures. I am, however, going to take Tylenol to off-set any back-pain that is inevitable when I clean my house.

**update** Two regular strength Tylenols, one Zantac, 2T Robitussin DM, and two immunity gummi bears. I think I have sufficiently drugged myself.

I also broke out the Oxyclean and scrubbed the burner pans on my stove. I vacuumed the floor (the real way, not with Roomba) and dusted.

Time for a nap. And to call Merry Maid 'cause I don't ever want to do that again.

9 comments:

Beck said...

Better everyone get sick now than on Christmas, eh? Logi has a cold and I am waiting for it to hit Gracie. Hmmm I totally feel the need to clean right now, but don't forget the old fashion remedies, Chicken Noodle soup (grilled cheese makes it better)...feel better soon. Kiss the kiddos, but make sure they have clean noses first. B:)

Jonna said...

Wow. I can't believe you were able to do all that... sick and prego.... I keep getting these feelings I need to pray for you at the weirdest times and so I do. These last few weeks can be so hard especially for you with 3 little ones! I hope you get some rest and feel better soon!!!

Lora said...

If I did not have my kids, I would come over and clean your house. I am sure you do not want to hear that though. Do not overdue it and get some rest!

Brooke said...

You shoulda asked for that for Christmas! : ) You totally reminded me about when I wanted Cici so bad and then Lilly got RSV...God is in control, whew, thank God! : )

Anonymous said...

get better... is rest possible? do yo need me to do the craft tomorrow?

Cindy said...

You are in my prayers sister! I hope you feel well. I knew you were sick when you said you actually cleaned the house. ;) Better have your man get you a Merry Maids crew for having that 4th baby. My man did after Ben, but of course I took it the wrong way and thought he didn't think the house was clean enough. Psycho woman! Take what your man wants to give and smile! Hope you get lots of rest tonight and are well enough to make it tomorrow. We need you there to scout out a baby gift for our next meeting. (He'll be here by then!)

Carrie said...

Thanks girls. Just venting. I think I'm going to go to urgent care when Nic gets home tonight. I woke up with my left ear hurting and really just want them to tell me that I'm a sick as I feel. I want drugs. Epidural? Hehe...I'll take anti-biotics for now.

Lucky for me, Cindy...I've already taken my baby gift for him. HEY! Don't blame me! Dorothy and Brooke made me do it! :)

Katelyn-It's pretty self explanatory (packets from Oriental Trading Co.). I think I'm going to drop them off at Brooke's house tonight.

Lora said...

We will miss you tomorrow!

Beck said...

Soooo....did you go to urgent care? What did they say? No epidural yet? How are you feeling today? Any better? Come on me and the girls are waiting? Chop chop. :)