Monday, September 22, 2008

Days like today

Noah did not fall asleep until about 3pm today. Luke came toddling out of the room at 3:30pm telling me that he is ready to play and that he wants Daddy. Um, no. When I send him back to his room I realize that the reason he walked out is because Noah finally fell asleep. At 4pm, Noah starts calling my name: "Mommy-AH. MOMMY-AH!" No joke. Daddy is 'Daddy-ah.' Where did he get that? No clue. Moving on.

Needless to say, nap time is a little frustrating for the mommy when I know they haven't slept because most days, it takes about five minutes after 5:30pm for them to pull the 'crankies' out of their hat and for me to curse the day away for lack of sleep. And don't they know I'm diligently working on my advent calendar??? But then, they'll say something like this:

Noah: Mommy, Luke said he could fly like this man (pointing to Batman in an ornament catalogue), this guy (Superman this time), and this man (Spiderman). But I told him no, that he couldn't.
Mommy: Right, we can't fly. Those guys are just pretend. (making sure that Luke heard me because I immediately get visions of him trying to scale down the wall from our roof 'just like Batman, Mommy' and breaking his legs, his arms and God knows what else.)
Noah: I told him that we couldn't fly because that not how God made us.
Mommy: And you're right, buddy.
Noah: Well, he said that he could. He was DIS-OBEYING me.

Go ahead, laugh out loud. I did. Twice.

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

I love it! Not the no-napping part, the disobeying part.

Brooke said...

LOL!!!! I can picture it! Were there hand motions involved???