Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Oh, the middle child

Besides the fact that Luke went to sit in Hannah's princess chair, toppled it backwards, hit his head on the closet doors on the way down, and then jumped up to proclaim, "I'm ok!" we also have conversations like this one:

Luke: Where's my Noah?
Mommy: He's at school.
Luke: Why does it take my Noah so long?
Mommy: It's almost time to go get him, honey. Do you miss him?
Luke: Yeah, I miss my Noah. (and then without even pausing) Hey! Can I have those? (pointing to the magnets on the fridge)
Mommy: No, you may not have those.
Luke: Aaaahhh...Mommy, that hurts my feelings!

And then later...

Luke: Oh, we have to get brother! He's number one (I kid you not, he said this). Why take us so long?? (again, without pausing) What's that? (pointing to the burn on my arm)
Mommy: It's my burn. Do you want to kiss it and make it feel better?
Luke: Ewww...no, thank you! I want to watch Chicken Little, but Daddy says no.

Yup, I'm entertained ALL day!

1 comment: