Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tater Tot Casserole...to the rescue!

What do you make when you desperately need to go to the grocery store? Tater Tot Casserole!

So, while it's cookin' I got time to blog about nothing in particular. Nic is sick with that cold the kids have been fighting and Noah and I have had one heck of a "I'm not going to listen to you today!" day. It's been fun. Really.

I did get my shipment from Oriental Trading Co. in. Cute 'tree of thanks' and thanksgiving plates for the kiddos. Gonna make crayon and fall leaf placemats with them. Did everyone know that September 22nd is the first day of fall? Yeah, learned that at MOPS today. Who knew?!? Anyway, since it doesn't FEEL like fall, I decided I'd make the inside of my house at least LOOK like it.

Can't wait for that rainy season...love that...not to mention that means I'm closer to being done being pregnant...for good! Unless God decides to work through a 'sterilization.' It sure does sound awfully PERMANENT, doesn't it? In order to fully comprehend what it is and to make sure the thirty days I have to 'think it over' are actually being 'thought over,' I have it posted up on my refrigerator for everyone to see. Is that deranged? Hhhmm...maybe a little. Maybe it's more that I smile every time I see it. Again, it feels good to be done.

Anyone gonna have more kids? Anyone know they are done? Anyone not sure? People always told me that I'd 'just know' when we were done...and you know? Now, I know what they're talking about. It's nice. And while it's kind of sad...it's more nice than sad. I'll probably be more sad about it when I don't have the image of Tim Allen talking to his doctor about his weight gain while he jiggles his belly asking, "Does this look like a little weight to you?!" running through my head every time I look at myself in the mirror. Yeah, that's my belly right now. Large, and in charge. That's a boy for ya!

K....casserole is almost done. Gotta make a quick "already been bagged for you" salad!

1 comment:

NerdMom said...

We here at the NerdFamily are done having kids. We had always known that we wanted 4 and we were really done. I went through a little period in my last pregnancy where I worried about regretting it later but knew I didn't really want any more. After prayer I was at peace.

There are moments of mild sadness (I just got rid of the cradle) but you have to focus on the next step. Things like no diapers, no having to worry about being spit up on (at least by your kid;), etc..