Ok, so it's not a surprise that I'm not an Obama fan. More for his policies and less for his personality (even though he's as charismatic and charming as I picture the anti-christ being). But even I have to admit that I watched an important day in our history as the first black man took his place as our president. Whether we like him or not, he is OUR president. I believe he was placed in this position by God (and if you believe the Bible, you have to concur) and therefore deserves my prayer and the respect of a person (that person being ME) who trusts God's judgment (and fears it).
I can't help but think of a house we drive by all the time that used to have a huge flag painted on its fence and then said, "I support my country, right or wrong." Even if you don't agree with this statement as a whole, you still have to have a sense of pride for the place you were born, lived, and grew up in...and for us...are raising our family in. There will always be a piece of us that was nurtured by the fact that we grew up in the United States.
I remember asking my parents if they could recall when JFK was shot, or if they remember when Nixon stumbled and fell over Watergate. I certainly will never forget Bill Clinton asking for a proper definition of "sexual relations." So, I'm glad that some day, when one of my four (FOUR! Please forgive me, I'm still in shock) kids asks me if I remember where I was the day Obama was sworn in as our president, I will be able to smile and say, "Yes, I do.
I was at MOPS!"
And hey, you never know...someday we may look back on this day and say, "That really WAS the beginning of the end."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Right on! Very insightful portrayal of what our country has ahead of us...."right or wrong" our prayers and support are needed and to do otherwise would be disobedient to God. Thanks for putting me in my place....B:)
Post a Comment