Thursday, January 22, 2009

Our littlest little has RSV



Yup. Took little man to the doctor today. Definitely RSV, but the doc said it looked like he was over the worst of it already. No ear infections (which usually goes hand in hand with RSV) and just the smallest hint of wheezing in his lungs. Doc said if he's not having issues holding onto his pacifier, that his breathing is probably fine because babies have a hard time knowing to breathe through their mouth. Anyway...please keep him in your prayers. We are hopeful we'll all be well soon!

Did I mention that Hannah has a new cold? She does. Doc says it's a very slim chance she'd get RSV again because her antibodies are still at their peak from when she had it before. Good to know doc, good to know.

At some point, we will all NOT be sick. I just know it! :)

8 comments:

MamaLieder said...

Ok I can NOT handle how freaking cute he is. It's not helping my wanting a baby problem. I want to kiss all over him. I am glad it's not that bad and the worst is over. LOVE HIM TO PIECES!

Jonna said...

What a sweet picture of your handsome boy. I really hope you all get well soon, this is a rough time of year to have a newborn isn't it!

Carrie said...

I was thinking that same thing, Jonna. Thankfully, he's not my first so I'm not freaking out over every LITTLE thing, but RSV is scary.

Sara said...

Praying...he's too cute!

Cindy said...

AHHHHH! I could eat that little man up. He is so stinkin cute. I love the pic. Sorry to hear he is not well, but so greatful that he is on his way back to health. And poor Hannah. Your children will have the immune system of a superhero by the time they all turn 6. I hope everyone else stays healthy. You all are in our prayers.

Lora said...

How frustrating!!!!!! You need to put each child in a seperate room or bubble (like when Widget built Wubzy a bubble to keep himself clean)...hehe. Sorry to hear that and we will keep you in our prayers.

Infarrantly Creative said...

Poor Little pumpkin. I hope he gets over it soon. That has gotta be tough with other little ones running around too. But he still looks adorable even though he is sick.

Unknown said...

He is so darn cute!!! I'm sorry to hear he's sick, but thankfully he is over the worst part. I hope all your kiddos get better soon. Our prayers are with you and your family for good health and a quick recovery!