Monday, January 26, 2009

Ok, I admit I'm slow sometimes...

...and find myself obsessed over songs that everyone else heard, like five years ago. But seriously, I'm in LOVE with the song Jealous Kind by Jars of Clay. Some of it was self-explanatory to me, but the chorus threw me off my game and then when you read it...its deep...like really deep. Which just happens to be my favorite kind of music. When I think of how many times I chose to make a decision that could have led me to a kind of spiritual death instead of wanting to be the bride walking down the aisle towards her bridegroom...I feel very blessed and eternally grateful that I serve a God that is jealous of all the lovers (or idols) I have placed before Him and won't allow me to stay where I am. I have contemplated and cried over this song throughout the course of the day and even after listening to it a hundred times, I still love it and am moved by it.


i built another temple to a stranger
i gave away my heart to the rushing wind
i set my course to run right into danger
i sought the company of fools instead of friends

Chorus:
you know i've been unfaithful
with lovers in lines
while you're turning over tables
with the rage of a jealous kind
i chose the gallows to the aisle
thought that love would never find
hanging ropes will never keep you
and your love of a jealous kind
love of a jealous kind

tryin' to jump away from rock that keeps on spreading
for solace in the shift of the sinking sand
i'd rather feel the pain all too familiar
than be broken by a lover i don't understand
'cause i don't understand

[CHORUS]

love of a jealous kind, yeah
love of a jealous kind
love of a jealous kind

one hundred other lovers, more, one hundred other altars
if i should slow my pace and finally subject me to grace
and love that shames the wise
betrays the hearts deceit and lies
and breaks the back of foolish pride

[CHORUS]

love of a jealous kind
love of a jealous kind
love of a jealous kind

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Dang! I really gotta look up lyrics more as opposed to making them up myself...LOVE JOC thanks to my hubster! Thanks for posting these too, I appreciate the song SO much more!