I think (and the jury is really still out on this) that I'm going to give up chocolate. I started eating a LOT of it when I was pregnant. Think that contributed to the forty pound weight gain? Anyway...I'm fifteen pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight...that I would really have liked to start at fifteen pounds lighter than that. So, I really would like to lose thirty pounds. Preferably some from my jelly belly. ALL THIRTY POUNDS. After four kids, what are the chances that will happen without surgery? The odds just aren't in my favor on that one. (Anyone thinking to offer exercise as an option should stop typing right now.) Where was I? Oh, right...chocolate. My mother-in-law loaded us up with chocolate in our stocking and since Christmas, I have sufficiently UN-loaded us of chocolate. I'm pretty sure that extra fifteen pounds is pure chocolate fat. Like a really big Snickers bar attached to my abdomen. Or a peanut MnM. Oooh...or a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Or a cordial cherry oozing with cream. Eww...mental picture. Sorry. But guess what kind of chocolate stuff I eat?
So, I'm locking it away! Don't ever tell me that I've re-furbished the John Deer Tractor popcorn tin to hold what's left of our stock of chocolate candy! I already ate all the good stuff, anyway! At least, that's what I'm going to be telling myself every time I reach for it.
You know, chocolate was another trigger for hives.
Moving on. Here's Isaac awake! He does periodically have his eyes open. Sometimes. See his cute shirt? Yeah, I can't either. What you need to know, though, is that it says "Isaac" in a really cute font on a really nice quality onsie made by this woman!

13 comments:
He is sooo big I love that he fits in it!!! No chocolate, good luck! Hope the hives go away quick!
PS "This Woman"?
Shea's comment is funny... "this woman?"... i knew what you meant but it sounds funny now as i read her comment... hehe.
So yeah, i totally re-read the first line like F.G... hope you're proud of me. :)
He is super cute! I love the onsie too! You must have a nice sewing machine! Good luck with the chocolate boycott, it's a weakness of mine as well! I love mint chocolates and caramel! Yummy!
LOL! We're too old to be called girls, right? I figured everyone would know who I was talking about anyway!
Um....someone once told me....You can do it!!!!
Ps. word verification is diumbwo...is that a play on words for "dumb woman"....??? Hmmm.
I can so totally relate to you! My question for you...don't be mad...Why keep the tin of the leftovers. Maybe your will is stronger than mine. But if its there I'll eat it, even if its not worth it, which its not. Desperate times call for desperate measures, meaning if I think I "need" it I'll eat it. Anyways, good luck. And I recently read what you eat is 85% and working out is only 15%. So you're probably fine with out working out and I'm kind of screwed! :)
Forgot to say how totally adorable he is....little guy....can't wait to see him for my self (and hold him too!)
ps....word verification - cathezz, they almost got my last name in there! How funny....
OH MY GOSH his is so handsome!!!! What a gorgeous little guy, and the onesie is nice to but he is one handsome baby!
So, if you're looking to get rid of your leftover chocolate just bring it to MOPS next Tuesday! Did I just say that? Or something a little less selfish... Give yourself a break Carrie! You JUST had a baby, and with a C-section your tummy takes much longer to go back, and you still have a lot of excess fluid in there! Please, stop being so hard on yourself, you're gorgeous!!!
Jonna-you're always so sweet!
Beck-I knew you'd wanna kiss that sweet face, no worries!
Jacinda-I have to keep it around 'cause Nic would kill me if I dumped it out. It's his candy, too. But I hear ya! It'd be easier if it wasn't there...but since it's been in the tin today, I've actually forgotten about it. Go figure!
He's so cute!
Adorable! Give yourself some time, missy. You've looked pretty amazing to me every time I've seen you.
Woman! You don't have 30 lbs to lose so drop it...(not the weight...the subject)! You son is beautiful, I mean dashingly handsome. I have faith in you and your ability to give up chocolate. Maybe have Nic hide it from you so you really don't know where it is? I hide mine in our vitamin/phonebook cupboard all the way at the top and then forget about it. Then, it never fails, when I do want some, it's all discolored and I'm not that desperate. (I have stuff up there that is 2 years old but I'm not throwing it our b/c I might 'need' it someday.) Go figure. Hope your hives are on their way out. Thanks for making me laugh again. Sure is nice to have you 'back'.
Gorgeous! As for the four children tummy, I have one too. i am pretty certain that the hanging skin part requires surgery. I have been trying with diet and exercise to shed my four babies weight and it is HARD!!! Did i hit the exclamation point? Enjoy a taste of chocolate for now. Lots of love to your sweet family Carrie. I cannot wait to kiss that sweet boy!
Post a Comment