Here's what we know already about Isaac:
1. If he don't burp, he spits up. Curdled milk. The kid MUST burp! No matter how long it takes you...pat that back until you think you're leaving a permanent handprint on it, but he MUST BURP!
2. He sleeps. A. Lot. And I'm NOT complaining.
3. He pees. A. Lot. He prefers to pee when he is not wearing a diaper.
4. He creates a lot of laundry for such a little guy. (See #3)
5. He hardly ever cries. Could be the doting Mama, even more doting Poppy, and ever MORE doting Nana. Could be.
6. The dog likes him. My parents dog. He "alerts" me when he's stirring...even a little bit...with a loud, piping, I'm-too-big-for-my-britches kind of little dog bark. Which only startles the poor sleeping baby...but he doesn't cry about it!
7. He poos. Although not a lot, he prefers to poo when Poppy is holding him. Seeing how he's named after my dad, I think it's fair and poetic justice, really. If you don't understand this...family members will. Sorry...it's part of being in my family (and we have a great family!).
8. He doesn't like the flash on my camera. He gets a very serious old man frown when I use it. Thankfully, it shows up AFTER I've snapped the sweet baby sleeping picture.
9. I'm sure he feels as if something is missing. I think he inherently knows he's got two big brothers and a sister just DYING to meet him. I'm also pretty sure he's dying to meet them. There are no words to describe how much he misses his daddy.
10. He grunts. A. Lot. While he's sleeping. Which makes for an awake Mommy. What's the solution to this? Aha! I'm learning him already! I simply have to pick him up and let him sleep on my chest. Problem solved. And trust me, that's better sleep than when I was pregnant. Much better. Is it gonna turn around and bite me on the butt? Probably...on Monday, to be exact because that is when Nic goes back to work and I'm taking care of all four. When will I have time to just relax with a sleeping baby? Only naptime. But I have a secret weapon. Slings are a beautiful thing. And he's my last one, so I simply DO NOT CARE if I hold him all the time!
At least for now. I reserve the right to change my mind, of course.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I love that! He seems like a sweet little guy!! And you are right, it will bite you in the butt...it did me with Mary, but you know what? IT WAS SO WORTH IT!!
Have fun mama!
heavenly!
Love that you have this special time with Mister Chubbers!
Congratulations on another sweet addition to your already precious family!
She's blogged! YEAH!! So glad to hear something good about all that is going on. I love those sweet baby noises. Not so much on the peeing only when the diaper is off. The Lord has blessed you through it all and what a precious time you have had with your little Isaac. Hope you can be home soon. And spoil the socks right off by carrying him when ever YOU want to!
It won't bite you in the buttocks! I promise! Just look at my two...angels still! That's not sarcasm...not even a little bit...but I haven't picked them up from school yet either...LOL. Can't wait for the rest of us to be able to hold him for you in case you are that worried about it. B:)
ps my word verification is sterstad...weird....
How sweet and precious your little man sounds already. I'm sure your enjoying every minute of it, but it will be so much more joyous when your all together as a beautiful & blessed family. God is so good through it all!
Congratulations! It sounds like you and your fam have had a rough road. I heard from Min about it first. So sorry about the c-section. Major bummer, but living definitely sounds like the better option. In GA right now, but please let me know if you need anything. We'll be back on Tues. Can't wait to meet him!
Post a Comment