Remember that commercial? Every time I try to think up something to write or a title for a blog post, old commercials or songs start running through my head. Yesterday, when I was thinking about posting (but didn't), I had "There's Something Stuck Up In The Chimney" running through my head. Anyway....the point is...now I have "What would you do for a Klondike bar" in my head and that got me to thinking (a dangerous pass-time, I know).
What would I do for these hives to go away? Yeah...that's right. I'm pretty sure I've broken out in hives. My arms, legs, and hip bones (go figure!). If they make it to my face, I'm just gonna throw my hands up and declare our house a national disaster zone. Apparently, I don't just have ANY hives...no...'cause that'd be too easy. I have the kind that cause swelling under the skin as well as on top of. Mental note: Do NOT itch the hives...it makes them spread. A lot.
So, while I'd love to blame being awake at 5am on a newborn who coos, sighs, and squeaks while breastfeeding...I have to actually blame it on the right arm that I was sleeping on that is now twice its normal size. So what do I do? I go on webmd.com of course! Wanna know what they tell me? That medications can cause them like narcotic pain killers (does Percuset count? I haven't taken it for a week...think it'd still be the culprit?) and ibuprofen (now I have taken this...soreness, headache, and then again to try to get the swelling of my HIVES down-which probably made them worse).
Some things really would be beneficial to know the day before you do that thing which will not be beneficial but you won't find out it's not beneficial until the day after you do it. (Got that?)
What would I do for these hives to go away? I will NOT take ibuprofen, I can tell you that!
And now, I really want to eat a Klondike bar. Go figure.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I had another friend who had the same thing happen to her after her first child. I don't think they ever found out what caused it but she had to be on something (I think Benadryl) for a while. I will try to email her and get some details. If it makes you feel better, she is a nurse and she was also baffled.
That stinks. Every now and then I break out into hives on my legs and stomach and cortizone usually works for me. I just rub it all over.
What? Sorry to hear you have been taken over by hives. That is no fun. I'll be sure to add that to your current prayer needs. Maybe, just maybe, one of these days you'll get a chance to be normal. As normal as normal can be with 4 kids. 8) Hope it's better today.
Post a Comment