Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Coffee, chocolate, and 2am!

Brooke came over last night to make herself a pin cushion/scrap bag. She gave me fair warning that she'd had coffee and she was in rare form! I by-passed the coffee. While I'd LOVE to have some to be perky (and I mean, Brooke was PERKY), there is a little man I'd prefer to NOT be perky, if you know what I mean.

I ate chocolate instead. Mmm, mmm.

Our hubbies had planned on playing a game together via the internet, but their plans were thwarted by a pesky connection and bad attitudes. (You know who you are.) Brooke and I suggested they learn to sew so that their extra-curricular activities could not be botched by an Al Gore invention affected by global warming. We got glared at. One directly at us, the other through the microphone, I'm sure. I don't know what their big issue was! There are lots of guys who do Project Runway! *Ahem*

So, here we are minding our own business (for once!) and then the call from Luke. Uh, oh, he's gonna to throw up. Now, I knew he had a low-grade temperature from that evening but I thought it was associated with the runny nose he woke up from his nap with. (Sorry in advance, MOPS moms, if your kiddo gets sick. He really was fine that morning!) Nic took him to the bathroom...nothing happened but we knew he wasn't feeling good. Nic decided to go to bed after that, leaving the throw-up duty to me. Thanks, honey.

Long story short? We stayed up working on our cool projects until the next throw-up call...which happened to be at 2am! TWO AM!!!! Where did the time go, we asked ourselves? There was still more chocolate! There was still more PERKY! There was still more fun to be had!

That is, until I realized I had about an hour or two before little man woke up to eat. Not good, people, not good.

But what IS good...are these! Brooke's is the purple one. (Duh!) And yes, I got silly and made a lady bug on a leaf for my second one....don't ask...just let it be.

See her pretty purple one? I'd give you a close-up picture, but that would require me having to turn the picture in the file...and I just don't wanna.





Yes, the lady bug has stick pins for antennae. Like I said, don't ask.




Hhmm....I'm thinking I might host a give-away. As in...you comment, I give away my lady bug pin-cushion. As much as I think it rocks...I really think I'd like another black and white one to match my pink one...but with turquoise. Oh yes! The wheels in my head are turning already. Anyone interested? (If you are, I'll use another post for it.)

12 comments:

Heather Rodriguez said...

You guys are a riot! Your cushions are lovely and I hope you make it through the day puke free.

Beck said...

Ok, on to my next comment. Look at your pic. It looks like the cord to your sewing machine is the stem to your pumpkin/pin cushion. Hilarious, cause I thought (you know really did think this) that you made a stem on that one and not on the others and I kept asking myself, "why?" and "what would you need that for?" and then realized it was the cord! LOL By the way, I need your handy dandy sewing skills on a pair of my pants that are too long. Yep, you read that right, I actually have a pair of pants that are too long. Doesn't happen often, but it does happen. Anyway.....hope my Lukie is better soon and that it doesn't find its' way to the other kiddos....by the way, sushi anyone? LOL B:)

Infarrantly Creative said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS! I want one bad. Let's do a trade...anything of mine you like that you would trade for one of those babies. I NEED ONE!

Sarah said...

okay random question.. is that your kitchen? what color green is that on your walls, I like it and have a hard time picking colors. Thanks!

Oh I think you need to start selling some of these creations!

Sara said...

Y crack me up! I hope Luke doesn't puke!

Unknown said...

So cute. You are crazy for staying up that late. I am a sleepy mama at the end of the day. I do want to sew, though. Can we have a class? I have a new machine, but no skill. :(

Cindy said...

So cute. I love the lady bug...not gonna keep her around, huh? Wish I was there having some perky fun with you ladies last night. Not so sure I would have made until 2am. You guys are rock stars. And Martha Stewarts too!

Lora said...

Very cute...I am sure you are paying for it today...well worth it!

Anonymous said...

very cute girls!

Nic said...

Hmph! I guess putting him back to bed and going to bed myself means you have throw-up duty. You know if you would have gone to bed I would have been the one to wake up with him, so you better recognize!

Hehehe... I said "duty". Hehehehe.

Brooke said...

LOL...I got called a rock star!!! Woot! Carrie is the queen (see previous blog posts done by HER), I'm just good at following her instructions, which, never let her tell you she doesn't have patience, because to teach me, perked up on coffee with the attention span of a gnat, eating chocolate = LOTS of patience! Love you friend and I CAN'T believe you're giving that away!!!

BTW, Kev actually laughed (you know...hahaha, no enthusiasm whatsoever) at your alternative option to gaming!

The Urban Un-Martha said...

pick me,pick me...I really love that pin cushion.