I am not one of those women who lose all their baby weight by breastfeeding. I've pretty much figured out that breastfeeding makes me so hungry, that I end up at a loss of weight (but not my pre-pregnancy weight) that stays steady for a couple weeks and then I slowly start gaining.
I have reached that plateau and am now headed up stream on the scale. Pure joy.
About four days ago I decided I was going to write down everything that I ate in a day. I suffer from a lack of portion control and I thought this would help me to regulate the calories going in by having to "face" what I ate on paper. All of it. Down to the last chocolate chip. Yup, I counted them. 53 in two days. On top of my insatiable urge to open the freezer door and pull out a handful of chips that are chocolate I also managed to scarf down:
2 cocoa rice crispy treats
4 sausage links
2 eggs
2 pieces of toast
a rather large helping of brie cheese with a large dose of honey and two handfuls of crackers
12 taquitoes (with a cup of guacamole)
5 carrots
2 chicken enchiladas with rice
sugar free hot chocolate with whip cream
2 cookies
2 handfuls of chili cheese fritos
and a tall soy caramel macchiato.
No comments please.
And I'm not even including the amazing dinner brought to us by Sarah at MOPS. Her husband is the head chef at Ruth's Chris. Let's just say...steak, broccoli smothered in cheese, sweet potato casserole with melted butter everywhere (I still dream about this), pasta, bread, and chicken for the kids...that I ate the rest of. I'll leave that calorie count to your imagination. I certainly don't want to know.
And that dinner was brought on Tuesday. Ask me if I even bothered writing down what I ate on Wednesday?
Like I said...there went that idea...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I always love when I wright down what I eat. Not too much fun. Much more fun eating it!
I'm glad the food was yummy! I am not one of those women either! Having a sister in law that withers away to nothing after each baby while breastfeeding doesn't help my self esteem either! I have to work really hard and really stick to a strict diet to loose any weight! I just try to remind myself that it took years to put it on and it won't be over night that it comes off! It just comes with having babies! You're beautiful! Don't be too hard on your self. Food just tastes too good!
You are a a much more brave woman than I am. You posted what you ate?? Now that's motivation. Not sure I could do that. And would you stop...Isaac is only a month and a half old. Give me a break! You look great and need the energy to run after 3 active children while nursing an infant. I say...here's to you and a healthy appetite. And I'll get that recipe over to you right away. ;)
Carrie, I just love you! Enjoy the eating while you still can!
LOL! You guys are so funny! Thanks for the "you're not fat" encouragement, but I'm really ok with knowing I'm not at a good weight. :) If you can't laugh at yourself, you shouldn't be laughing at anyone else! :)
My pediatrician (no joke) says to stay really healthy and thinner because I have so much diabetes in my family. I'm just working towards a healthy goal. Once Isaac is more predictable with his morning scheduled, I'm going to start walking again. That'll make me feel MUCH better.
Wow! All I can say is....it's been 7, count them, seven years since my last baby....I have no excuses but my love affair with all things that taste wonderful! Not usually chocolate, but please anything with an ounce of carborhydrate on the label, yep that would include every food known to man! I know better than most your incredible will power. Again, another gene I lack. So someone once told me...."you can do it!" If anyone can "do it," you can! B:)
I'm thinking about posting the RC sweet potato recipe on my blog but if I do, you won't be able to read it cause I need to invite you to be a reader, so if you're interested than email me at marcusandsara@gmail.com for an invite. Than you can have it when ever you want. I know this doesn't help with the getting to a healthy weight part, but maybe you could just hide it away until the holidays! Everyone cheats during the holidays!
I'm with Cindy...
Isaac is BRAND NEW weirdo! Plus, you look FAB-U-LOUS! But, I do understand the healthy thing...you'll get there friend, you always do.
I always gain weight after I have a baby. Not only am I eating everything in sight, but craving chocolate and protein. I just got rid of all my tops that scream out "Maternity!" but I'm holding on to the pants... they're comfy!
one more baby if I can be friends with your chef friend! Cheers my love. Have a great day! Nursing never helped me either. I say eat up and enjoy!
Post a Comment