Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I made pants!!!

I did it. I made a pair of pants for little man (for the fall....I hope). My friends Mignon and Jacinda boosted my confidence enough to try it and they were right, it WAS easy! But I took a short cut. A big one.

I used the arms of one of Nic's old sweaters. It was freely given to me, I assure you.

See how great it would work??? So...I cut out what I thought would be the 'pattern' after looking at online patterns and sewed them up in about fifteen minutes. Seriously.



And done.



I didn't do what most patterns I saw told you to do when sewing the crotch, though. I put one leg inside the other and then sewed it instead of trying to fiddle with both legs out. Just make sure you put both leg's right side of fabric facing each other because if you look closely, I didn't do that....one leg is the inside of the fabric. Thankfully, this fabric doesn't really matter. No one else probably will ever notice. Except that I just told all of you!

I also wanted to give credit where credit is due and say that I totally snagged other people's great ideas for the twin gifts in the previous post! The pea onsies were a knock-off of this woman's cute twin cupcake onsies. The booties were from www.stardustshoes.blogspot.com but I found them on her cute site! The ties...well...I saw one a long time ago and said, "I can do that!" Anyway...wanted to make sure that peeps were getting credit!

8 comments:

Beck said...

Again....talent....that's all I have to say....

Cindy said...

I am lovin those pants. And to use your man's sweater...pure genius! I want to try it now, but of course need to see you in action on your next pair.

Carrie said...

You can come over for a sewing night! ;)

Sara said...

You make me miss my sewing machine everytime you blog! I need to get mine fixed or better yet, get a new one, I just don't want to learn how to use a different machine. Mine was so user friendly! Reusing grown out of clothes to make new creations is very savy! Koodos!

Infarrantly Creative said...

You go girl! That is ingenious!

Infarrantly Creative said...

I know...isn't the monogram fabulous! I am sure someone will buy it for me soon enough...maybe my birthday or something. I could paint it but it is a lot of tedious work. I think the sticker/vinyl would be fab.

Nic said...

Hey...I thought I asked you to fix that sweater....

Shanea T. said...

Very crafty and cute!! Good job!