Monday, November 10, 2008

Taking A Poll

Of everyone who is free to help me with something.

Here’s the deal. Nic (loathes) likes to help me with the Christmas tree each year. We have an artificial one, so he puts it together and I do everything else. What I thought this year, being humongous with child, is that I might get a few friends over for dinner, dessert, eggnog, Christmas music, and of course, dessert! to help me out with decorating my tree/house for Christmas.

Here’s the kicker. I’m a psycho (read: really into Christmas) and like everything up right after Thanksgiving. So, the whole issue is…who is FREE Thanksgiving weekend to help me? I was thinkin’ Saturday? Nic has promised to take the kids and be scarce for the evening. So it'll be a fun girls night for us...sans kiddos. (Remember when you said that, Honey?)

Anyone game for some fun? And willing to help a poor, pitiful, preggo lady out?

Here's my tree from two years ago (just so you know what you'd be getting yourself into). And no, it didn't bother me that I couldn't hardly watch tv. It's Christmas, people! But this year, I do have a better spot for it.





Just as a side note: Noah just heard the news say that Barack Obama is the future president and said, “Aaaahhh, Mom! Barack Obama won!” He was bummed. That’s my boy.

8 comments:

MamaLieder said...

I am there! Oh it's like old times!!!

Nic said...

I don't remember saying that. I think sometimes you just hear what you want to hear.

:)

Carrie said...

LOL! K...well, if you have objections, speak now or forever hold your peace! ;)

Infarrantly Creative said...

Clovis, CA?? I used to live in Modesto. I would totally help you out but i am big with child also and I live in Indiana. Good luck!

Carrie said...

It's a small, small world! I wish you could make it!

Heather Rodriguez said...

I might be able to! I'll let you know when it gets a little closer!

I am huge too though, so I dont know HOW much help I will be! :) :) :)

Jonna said...

What is up with all your pregnant friends! LOL I love the tree & I think we have the same star!! It sounds like fun but can't say for sure either way, so I'll get back to you soon.

Lora said...

I will see if I can get away....Lora