Tuesday, August 26, 2008

And then there were two....

...three, if you count the one I'm cartin' around in my belly!

And Noah was elated to be at school. It was a typical, "Bye, Mom!" kind of moment when he didn't care that I had to walk out of the room and drive out of the parking lot without him. Figures. Does this look like the face of a kid who is worried about being at school without me?


And yes, that picture was taken this morning. Stinker.

Thankfully, I had MOPS leadership meeting to keep me occupied. It dawned on me while I was there that Noah will never again attend a MOPS meeting. Hhmm...that's sad.

And then, there was Luke. Poor Luke. He doesn't understand why he can't go to school. He keeps saying, "But I'm a big boy! I go to school with Noah! I four, too!!!" Um, no, son. You're not even three yet. But soon enough, I'll be freaking out over you and Hannah will be the one crying over not going to school with her big brothers. Come to think of it. I'll probably have TWO crying kiddos over not getting to go to school with their big brothers. Sigh.

My only slight satisfaction that I have of Noah having some kind of sadness over school is that I've caught him trying to suck his thumb a few times. It could be that he's exhausted....or it could be that he maybe, just maybe, missed me and is helping himself to some familiar comfort. Hmph. Like I said, the satisfaction is slight. Miniscule, really. Hardly worth mentioning. In fact, forget I said it at all.

In the rush of this morning (I actually had to set my alarm clark for the first time in four years), I had forgotten about the MOPS meeting and had promised little Luke that we would bake cookies while Noah was at school as a sort of consolation prize. We had about half an hour to do it before we needed to leave (thank you, Brooke, for calling and reminding me about the meeting...I owe ya!). Thank the Lord for preheat. I told myself that we were going to bake cookies even if I ended up late to the meeting because I had promised Luke and this was a time when being a mommy of my word trumped obligation and the desire to put it off and make it up to him later. Nuh, uh. Wasn't happening today. So...



We made cookies, set them out to cool and ate them after lunch with Noah. I wish I had a video camera for the conversation Luke and Noah had about the cookies. Luke's face lit up like a beacon knowing that Noah was so excited to have cookies that he had made. Moments like that really are priceless.

So, all in all...it was a good day (so far). I am tired, exhausted really, and am looking forward to doing it all again Thursday (minus the meeting). I feel like I've just started school for the first time! Geez!

And for all of you who are wondering....no...I didn't clean that messy corner yesterday. But I have a good excuse!!! I thought I had another big bin to put all my fabric into, but it got taken over unbeknownst to me...SO...I need to buy a bin. So there. Yes, I said I would and I didn't. But I DID use my new washer and dryer. LOVE THEM!

4 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

So entertaining! Thanks for the good read.

Jacinda said...

My favorite part was Luke being proud of the cookies he could give Noah. You got an "Awwwww" out of me. I thought I had you as a link and on my RSS reader, but somehow i missed you. I just added you! Love ya!

RenderingRisch said...

ooh a new washer and dryer...I must admit I'm full of envy. I love Noah's expression in the first picture...classic

Brooke said...

can you wash my comforter for me?? : )