Thursday, August 28, 2008

Things I didn't know before...



I have to admit that I am not a 'play on the floor with my kids all day' kind of mom. I LOVE projects with them and we read books quite a bit ('cause I like them, too!), but day to day...they pretty much play together and I play referee. Even Hannah.

Today, Luke and I got time to play alone together. Something else to admit is that as a middle child, Luke doesn't get much time alone with me. But today, Hannah wanted a morning nap and Noah was at school, so I got to spend some much needed one on one time with him and also got the chance to learn some things about Luke that I didn't know before.

1. He's bossy. Let's face it, he's almost always in a group setting, taking orders from an older brother or cousin. Given the chance, I found that he can step up and tell you what to do with the best of them.

2. He interacts with his toys as if he's reading a book. In the midst of the bossiness ("Mommy, you take Henry to the dock."), he manages to speak for the trains and always ends his comments, statements, or expressions with a "said James." It's actually awesome.

3. He doesn't like being left alone. I'm guessing, it's because he hardly ever is! I excused myself to the restroom while we were playing and about two seconds later, heard his clod-hopper feet barrelling down the hallway towards my room. You know what he says when he gets there? "Mommy, I come back here with you so I don't get you scared." Uh, huh.

It was good times, I tell you. I love my little goof-ball. He makes me giggle in random situations and a friend like that is good to have. It's even better when it's your son.

No comments: