Anyone who owns a home, is a parent, or works at any kind of job knows that a truer statement has never been made.
Today, at naptime (that is SUPPOSED to still be happening), my phone rang. It was my sister-in-law telling me that one of her poor kiddos is still sick with the flu she had two days ago! Poor thing! At the time that I'm trying to decipher the words through a static connection, I hear Hannah start screaming. Literally, terror screaming. I tell her that I have to hang up, run to check on Hannah and as I'm going to her room, I hear that the boys are ALSO crying.
After a quick check to make sure an appendage isn't stuck in her crib slats, I toss her paci's into the crib that she's so vehemently chucked on the floor and shut the door again to go check on the boys. Luke is crying into his hands (which is a sight in itself) and Noah is screaming as if he'll never stop. Both look extremely guilty and my first thought is, "ok...who has knocked a tooth out now???" (About three months ago, Noah knocked out one his two front teeth completely, root and all. The boys had been jumping on our bed-like they aren't supposed to...bonked heads...bam! Tooth is gone. There were guilty faces then, too.)
A quick yank of Luke's hands away from his face reveal no blood. Check. Look up at Noah (he's on the top bunk) and he's holding his ear, but there's no blood. Check. So, I ask him what happened. "I bonked my head on this!" he says as he whacks the railing with his hand. He must have hit it a little too hard because that sends him into another fit of wailing about his hand. Sigh. So, I did eventually get to checking his ear. Sure enough, he's got a gash behind it. But there really isn't any blood...is that normal? How he managed to whack his ear THERE, I'll never know, but it was confirmed that they were horsing around.
So...what's the main rule of disobeying? You get to pay the consequences. In this case, the 'natural' consequence of getting hurt when you're doing something that Mommy has told you is dangerous because *gasp* you could get hurt. Duh.
The next thought that ran through my head? I'm gonna have three boys. Hhhhmmm.
And Hannah cried through the whole thing. Four kids, four years old and younger. I think I HAVE gone insane.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Well, it's too late now. =) Seriously, I've heard that these days pass all too fast. I think, however, that it will probably be about twenty years before you can appreciate that.
Yes you have and I just joined you in that wondrous "land of insanity". I wonder if we'll have lots of cats when we're older? ha
LOL! That's why God gave you, us! Send Hannah over here do calm, cool, collected play (dressing up, reading books, you know) and you can keep the boys over there! : ) See God KNEW I'd go insane with boys...hence, girls. : )
Post a Comment