Monday, August 25, 2008

My Little Shadow

As I have been getting things done this morning I have had the privilage, nay, the PLEASURE of seeing this:




...two feet behind me, where ever I have gone. I'll turn around to her and say, "Are you following Mommy?" And she giggles and then turns as if to say, "NOPE!"

Which, of course, reminds me of a poem I read once. Wanna hear it? Here it goes:

Her Little Shadows
By Barbara Burrow

I saw a young mother with eyes full of laughter
And two little shadows came following after.
Wherever she moved, they were always right there;
Holding on to her skirts, hanging on to her chair,
Before her, behind her; an adhesive pair.

"Don't you ever get weary, as day by day,
Your two little tagalongs get in your way?"
She smiled as she shook her pretty young head,
And I'll always remember the words that she said:
"It's good to have shadows that run when you run
That laugh when you're happy and hum when you hum-
For you only have shadows
When your life's full of sun."

Seriously, makes me cry every time. (Note: I have been pretty much pregnant for the last five years, so my hormones are ridiculously off-balance and could account for the ability to cry over commercials and sappy poems.)

On another note:

Here is my project for today. (Besides using our new washer and dryer at least ONCE today).




Nic will be so excited. You see...I am a messy, creative person. I am also a COMPULSIVE creative person. For example: I wanted to learn to sew. Got a sewing machine for Christmas and have pretty much spent the last seven months frequenting Joann's and buying fabric (that has accumulated to the beautiful mess you see above.) THEN....I bought the dreaded advent calendar that I am hand-sewing which led me to buy stockings for all of us that I also get to hand-sew. (What am I thinking???) Then, my dear ol' friend (she doesn't like this title, by the way, so read: BEST FRIEND) Shea, has started a really amazing business called Stinkin' Cute Designs (check it out here). And now...I have spent a fair share of time doing hand embroidery as something to do in front of the television. Granted, I have NO idea what I will do with all the random letters, designs, etc. that I have finished. They are all inconveniently located on the same flour cloth dish towel. Yeah. I have issues. Which brings me back to the picture...

...After today ONE of my issues (read: the messy corner in our dining room) will no longer be messy. I am cleaning it up today and putting everything in it's place. I hope. I think. Ok, it might take me until tomorrow. Well...there's a lot of stuff!

1 comment:

MamaLieder said...

Thanks for the LOVE!