It really put a damper on my day! Just kidding.
But it is a sobering thought that an atheist would deny the existance of God when I fail to properly proclaim His existance in word AND deed. What makes me better than the atheist? It is a good thing that God made the mountains speak of His glory and existance because I do a poor job. It reminds me of that song that I always thought was kind of silly, but now I understand the lyrics: "Ain't no rock, gonna cry out in my name. As long as I'm alive, I'll glorify His holy name." (or something like that)
The POINT is...when you think on grace and what that means ("unmerited favor") you come to understand that you are really no better than the atheist. You aren't saved because you decided there was a supreme being that created you. You aren't saved because you run a charity organization and have saved the world from hunger. You can't be saved because you helped an old lady cross the street. No priest behind a confessional can grant it to you. Hail Mary's won't be enough. The simple idea that it is unmerited stands to reason that I have done and will do nothing to deserve the salvation He has given me. He has simply chosen me and called me to obedience (which I do a poor job of).
"We love Him because He first loved us." And that is a miracle, indeed.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sorry to ruin your day! :P I'll get something mo' betta' up for you as soon as I can.
Post a Comment