Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet
and a light unto my path.
I love, love, love this verse. Not only did I walk down the aisle to the Michael W. Smith version of this song, but I also love what it says. Whenever someone asks the question, "What is God's will for me?" this is a great verse to direct them to. How can you not know you are on sure footing when there is a lamp on your feet? Be in God's word and you will know. Even if the way is dark to the right and left of you, you can be sure your step is going to fall on solid ground and that the path you are walking is illuminated with God's grace because you are in God's word.
This is why I chose this song to walk down the aisle to. I knew that Nic was my future and that God was shining a lamp and a light before me saying, "This is the way. This is what you have waited for. This is what you have prayed for." I was and have never been more sure of anything else in my entire life as I was during my walk between rows of chairs to my future. I can't think of anything else I'd RATHER be more sure of than in the choosing of your life-long partner and father of your children. I have been especially blessed.
I can think of quite a few things now that I would love to have that kind of intense clarity on! :)
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awww you're sweet. Honestly, you humble me by saying that. Knock it off before I get all mushy! :)
Post a Comment