Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dinner Impossible

I could really use some livening up of our dinner menus. We are having quesadillas with turkey in them because I can't think of anything else and I can't get a hold of Nic (he's in a meeting) to tell him to pick something up on the way home.

I really love one pot wonders...meat, starch and veggie all rolled into one. And less mess! But I'm all out of ideas and my kids are sick of taco soup! What's your favorite family recipe?

1 comment:

Julie Temple said...

Here is another take on wraps I keep as a staple in my dinner repatuar.

Stromboli Wraps
1/3 c. melted butter
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
4 oz. provolone cheese, sliced
4 oz. salami, sliced
4 oz. ham, deli style, sliced
1/2 c. roasted red peppers (optional)
3/4 c. grated mozzarella cheese
4 garlic herb tortillas

Preheat oven to 400. Brush tortillas with some butter and sprinkle with some parmesan. Arrange provolone, ham, salami, mozzarella, and peppers over the center of the wrap (leave 1" border around the edge). Roll up "wrap" tightly and place fold down on baking sheet. Brush tops of wraps with butter and sprinkle remaining parmesan on top.

Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Slice diagonally and serve with warm marinara sauce on the side.

I also have substituted with pepperoni (meat) and pineapple (peppers) on the Sun Dried Tomato Basil Wrap tortillas and it's bomb too.

Hope this helps!