Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It is finished!

No...this isn't a religious post. These are the words I used when the last knot was made and I threw away the directions with a much deserved *sigh.*

I figured out that this took me 72 hours to complete. No joke. Is it worth it? Yup. One of my kids will associate this advent calendar with Christmas at our house for the rest of their lives....makes it worth it to me.

The whole thing!


The detailed bottom portion of the 'toy store':


A sampling...a smidge, really...of the 24 ornaments I sewed to hang on the red sequins that are attached to each window:


Now...I have to start the stockings for my kids.

3 comments:

MamaLieder said...

I know you were working on this forever...it looks amazing!!!

Lora said...

When do you have time for all of that. I barely can keep up on the laundry!! Very cute, I think I am going to buy one though...Ha!

Shelly said...

You are awesome! This is so great. Your kids will have memories of this forever- what a great idea!!!