A couple weeks ago, I had mentioned that once the weather got a little cooler, we'd be able to have a camp-out in our backyard. Well, that weekend came THIS weekend. Yup...one of the coldest weekends we've had, but promises were made and we were concerned they would be broken if the camp-out didn't happen sooner rather than later.
Of course, all I did was provide the food. BBQ brisket sandwiches and s'mores. Nic had the really hard part. He slept outside with them in the freezing cold. Took Noah to the tree (aka, outside bathroom) in the freezing cold...and ushered their frozen bodies in the house at 1am when they just couldn't take it anymore. And he did it all with a great big grin on his face and lots of love in his heart. His boys had a blast...and that made it all worth it. Times ten.
So, someday...when their sons come up to them and ask them, "Daddy, can we camp-out tonight?" I hope they say, "Sure, buddy!" in spite of the weather man declaring the overnight low of 42 degrees...simply because their daddy had done it for them.
Toasting marshmallows.
Eating S'mores.
Saying good night to Mommy...she was going where it was WARM!
"If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" Matthew 7:11

4 comments:
How sweet. You guys are making wonderful memories for your kids.
That is so touching. Nic is a GREAT dad!!!
How cute is that!
I love that! Talk about good memories being made. But I really love that you slept inside!
Post a Comment