My boys have been running around the house the last two days driving me crazy. What's the cure for this kind of chaotic pent up energy? Our backyard. It's literally the size of a park. Two parks, depending on the parks by your house. Why are they not out there every day, you might ask? Because every day they are out there, I have to give them a bath before they can do anything else inside the house. Dirt on their face, in their hair, ears, mouths (don't ask), and all other crevaces. Not to mention dirty clothes, shoes, hats. So, what's the big deal?
Have you seen my belly?
It's hard to give them baths. Plain and simple. It is all dependent on my energy level and sciatic nerve pain for the day. Monday: no energy. Back HURTS. Thanks to a night of fitful sleep. Tuesday, had MOPS (including bringing the craft) that morning after I dropped Noah off at school. Energy level? Doesn't matter...gotta do it. Back pain? Oh yeah, baby. I think I was walking funny. More funny. Funnier that usual. No energy left whatsoever. Thankfully, the joy of doing something for myself without kids around was enough to make me forget it for a couple hours.
Tonight is Awana's, but for today...we have nothing going on and it feels NICE. I slept like a log last night, back pain is minimal. I think I can accomplish baths today. Like I said, it's an outside kind of day.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It is a beautiful day! I hope your energy level stays up and I hope you have a painless day!!!
My boys are the same way! Our backyard is awesome, tons of room to dig & trucks & the whole swingset, but it's baths for sure afterwards! That is why I like them going out after dinner, but with the nights getting shorter, it's not enough playtime for them. Even though I don't have the belly ( or at least a preggo one!) I still hate giving baths twice a day! Not to mention having to clean the tub everyday!
Post a Comment