We did the math. Babies gain on average half a pound per week during the last trimester. For our mathematician-lacking mind, we'll round his weight up to 3.5lbs.
In 8 weeks, I will be 37 weeks along.
In 8 weeks, he will still be capable of gaining 1.5lbs before my due date.
In 8 weeks, he will gain 4 pounds (1/2lb a week, remember?).
At 37 weeks, he will be 7.5lbs. with 1.5lbs more to possibly gain.
*Ahem* 9lbs. at 40 weeks.
Luke was a week late and was 9.5lbs.
We're thinking we've got another Luke in there...named Isaac. OH, and he's DEFINITELY an Isaac. Yeah. I'll spare you the 'package' picture.
Normally, I would steady myself with thoughts that ultrasounds can be off 2lbs, give or take, EXCEPT that they have always been RIGHT ON with my measurements. For all three of my kiddos. We must have really good ultrasound machines and really good ultrasound techs.
Think they'll consent to kicking him out at 37 weeks?
Yeah...I didn't think so, either. A girl can dream.
See his cute nose? And she didn't get the picture, but he does have LARGE lips.
Here's a nice profile. His hand is up by his face. He kept it there pretty much the whole ultrasound.
We also got to see him yawn, open his eyes, and kick the crud out of me on video. It's a strange sensation to see the video of him kicking WHILE he's kicking me. It's where movie theatres are headed, I'm telling you. Puts you right in the action.

5 comments:
I am in love...that profile pic is so sweet. Can you have him already so I can kiss on him???
Oh, he is SO adorable Carrie! and it looks like you will have another big boy! The pictures are great, I wish I could have another u/s!!!
Maybe if you complain enough, they will let him out early. That is what I did with Allie and good thing since she was 9 lbs 3 ounces with no room to spare! Oh ya, I have the stretch marks to prove it. We should have a stretch mark contest at MOPS...Ha!!
What a sweet boy...already workin' his mama over in the womb. Glad to hear he is big & healthy. Now just hang in there and hope for some early activity. (Not too early of course!) I love the big belly photo in your last post. You are so funny. You didn't look that big yesterday at MOPS??
I measured big with #2 and then she had her slow gain weeks. Congrats on the cutie. I am with Cindy that you didn't look that big yesterday. I didn't even realized that you were this far along already. How time flies when you are having fun;).
Post a Comment