Up until one hour ago, I had no idea. I found this email in my inbox. He speaks honestly the responsibility we have as Christians better than anyone else I've heard. Read up on who he is, read his email he sent out to his friends asking if he would vote for Barack Obama, and then check snopes.com (or you can trust me that it's true and save yourself the hassle). Here is a link to his biography on his website.
Huntley Brown is a popular Christian music artist and he told
truthorfiction.com that he wrote this email to some friends who were
inquiring if he was going to vote for Senator Barack Obama.
Brown did not write this email to influence public opinion nor did he
expect his response to be forwarded to others which resulted in wide
distribution of his opinion on the super information highway. No
matter the outcome of this election, Brown told us, that as a
Christian, he could be counted to support the President in prayer every day.
Why I Can’t Vote For Obama
By Huntley Brown
Dear Friends,
A few months ago I was asked for my perspective on Obama, I sent out an e-mail with a few points. With the election just around the corner I decided to complete my perspective. Those of you on my e-list have seen some of this before but its worth repeating..
First I must say who ever wins the election will have my prayer support. Obama needs to be commended for his accomplishments but I need to explain why I will not be voting for him.
Many of my friends process their identity through their blackness. I process my identity through Christ. Being a Christian (a Christ follower) means he leads I follow. I can’t dictate the terms he does because he is the leader. I can’t vote black because I am black I have to vote Christian because that’s who I am. Christian first black second. Neither should anyone from the other ethnic groups vote because of ethnicity. 200 years from now I wont be asked if I was black or white. I will be asked if I know Jesus and accepted him as Lord and savior.
In an election there are many issues to consider but when a society gets abortion, same-sex marriage, embryonic stem-cell research, human cloning to name a few wrong economic concerns will soon not matter. We need to follow Martin Luther King’s words don’t judge someone by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I don’t know Obama so all I can go off is his voting record. His voting record earned him the title of the most liberal senator in the US Senate in 2007.
NATIONAL JOURNAL: Obama: Most Liberal Senator in 2007 (01/31/2008)
To beat Ted Kennedy and Hilary Clinton as the most liberal senator, takes some doing.
Obama accomplished this feat in 2 short years. I wonder what would happen to America if he had four years to work with.
There is a reason planned parenthood gives him a 100 % ratings.
There is a reason the homosexual community supports him.
There is a reason Ahmadinejad, Chavez, Castro, Hamas etc loves him.
There is a reason he said he would nominate liberal judges to the supreme court.
There is a reason he voted against the infanticide bill.
There is a reason he voted No on the constitutional ban of same-sex marriage.
There is a reason he voted no on partial birth abortion.
There is a reason he voted no on confirming Justices Roberts and Alito.
These two judges are conservatives and they have since overturned partial birth abortion. The same practice Obama wanted to continue.
Lets take a look at the practice he wanted to continue. The 5 Step Partial Birth Abortion procedure A. Guided by ultrasound, the abortionist grabs the baby’s leg with
forceps. (Remember this is a live baby)
B. The baby’s leg is pulled out into the birth20canal.
C. The abortionist delivers the baby’s entire body, except for the head.
D. The abortionist jams scissors into the baby’s skull. The scissors
are then opened to enlarge the hole.
E. The scissors are removed and a suction catheter is inserted. The child’s brains are sucked out, causing the skull to collapse. The dead baby is then removed.
God help him.
There is a reason Obama opposed the parent notification law. Think about this you can’t give a kid an aspirin without parental notification but that same kid can have an abortion without parental notification. This is insane.
There is a reason he went to Jeremiah Wright’s church for 20 years.
Obama tells us he has good judgement but he sat under Jeremiah Wright teaching for 20 years. Now he is condemning Wrights sermons. I wonder why now?
Obama said Jeremiah Wright led him to the Lord and discipled him. A disciple is one in training.
Jesus told us in Matthew 28 v 19 - 20 Go and make disciples of all nations. This means reproduce yourself. Teach people to think like you, walk like you, talk like you believe what you believe etc.
The question I have is what did Jeremiah Wright teach him?
Would you support a White President who went to a church which has tenants that said they have a
1. Commitment to the White Community
2. Commitment to the White Family
3. Adherence to the White Work Ethic
4. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the White Community .
5. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting White Institutions
6. Pledge allegiance to all White leadership who espouse and embrace the White Value System
7. Personal commitment to embracement of the White Value System.”
Would you support a President who went to a church like that?
Just change the word from white to black and you have the tennants of Obamas former church. If President Bush was a member of a church like this, he would be called a racist. Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton would have been marching outside. This kind of church is a racist church. Obama did not wake up after 20 years and just discovered he went to a racist church. The church can’t be about race. Jesus did not come for any particular race. He came for the whole world.
A church can’t have a value system based on race. The churches value system has to be based on biblical mandate. It does not matter if its a white church or a black church its still wrong. Anyone from either race that attends a church like this would never get my vote.
Obama’s former Pastor Jeremiah Wright is a disciple of liberal theologian James Cone, author of the 1970 book A Black Theology of Liberation. Cone once wrote: “Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him."
Cone is the man Obama’s mentor looks up to. Does Obama believe this?
So what does all this mean for the nation?
In the past when the Lord brought someone with the beliefs of Obama to lead a nation it meant one thing judgement.
Read 1 Samuel 8. When Israel asked for a king.
First God says 1 Samuel 8 v 9 Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will do.”
Then God says 1 Samuel 8 v 18 When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from
the king you have chosen, and the LORD will not answer you in that day.”
19 But the people refused to listen to Samuel. “No!” they said. “We
want a king over us. 20 Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.” 21 When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the LORD. 22 The LORD answered, “Listen to them and give them a king.”
Here is what we know for sure
God is not schizophrenic
He would not tell one person to vote for Obama and one to vote for McCain. As the scripture says a city divided against itself cannot stand, so obviously many people are not hearing from God. Maybe I am the one not hearing but I know God does not change and Obama contradicts many things I read in scripture so I doubt it.
For all my friends who are voting for Obama can you really look God in the face and say Father based on your word, I am voting for Obama even though I know he will continue the genocidal practice of partial birth abortion. He might have to nominate three or four supreme court justices, and I am sure he will be nominating liberal judges who will be making laws that are against you. I also know he will continue to push for homosexual rights, even though you destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for this. I know I can look the other way because of the economy. I could not see Jesus agreeing with many of Obama’s positions.
Finally I have two questions for all my liberal friends.
Since we know someone’s value system has to be placed on the nation,
1 Whose value system should be placed on the nation?
2 Who should determine that this is the right value system for the nation?
Blessings,
Huntley Brown
So I also ask all those Christians who have Obama stickers on their cars those same questions-and yes, I've seen them...in the Church parking lot. Somehow, I bet this post gets the least amount of comments on it. Why is that?
May God have mercy on the United States. My children have to grow up in the world the next president makes decisions for.
Ann-Marie asked about McCain's voting record. Here you go! :)
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Thanks for the post. This has been on my mind lately. I am waiting to see the results of the election because this will determine where I want to put my kids in school. Do people not know about many of his beliefs? Why would anyone vote for partial abortion. How could you after having your own children?
You go girl!!Way to get people thinking. I know we are in the same camp ... so keep up the good fight! Or else we are all moving to Canada. Lord willing!!!
Every christian needs to be on their knees daily praying for the situation this country is in. God knows what we all are praying for before we even speak (Isaiah 65:24), but that should not stop us from calling on Him. He wants to hear from us. And there is no time like the present. Thank you Carrie, for keeping my eyes wide! Love you. B:)
this is what i have been trying to convey to certain Christian members of my family. i don't understand how they could vote for him... there is much more evidence against God's principles in Obama's voting record... But I guess the conviction for people like my family needs to come from God since no human effort has worked so far.
Thanks for all of the good information. Do you know if anyone has done the same sort of study on McCain's voting practices? I would be interested to see his views as well.
Awesome post. I do not understand how a Christian could possibly vote for Obama. It's a complete contradiction of Christian values. I hope more people will read thoughts like this that explain it so well.
you should tell ann-marie about lora's newest post. it ison mccains views and voting record on these issues.
Just FYI, Cindy...Canada is a NO GO...they've already legalized gay marriage!
Thanks - you are so efficient!!!
Wow...
he sure put great thought into his letter...very well versed. Good work.
"popular Christian artist"...really? did you see his site?
Still, he had some good stuff to say. Racism is a fascinating subject though. I would venture out to say that I've met more black racists than white ones.
I did look at his website. I didn't write those two paragraphs preceding his email, but I also think 'popularity' is subjective to the fan that is reporting...maybe he's more popular in other circles??? Who knows! I'm just impressed that he takes a stand against his race to do what is right in the eyes of God.
Post a Comment