Friday, October 24, 2008

Opinions, please (ladies)

So, while Precept classes are on hiatus for the the holidays, I really, really, really want to do a Beth Moore study. I have already done Breaking Free and loved it. This time, I'm looking for a study I can do on my own, intimately with me and God and that's it (I decided I'm hibernating my group study life during the winter). I need something to feed my soul as a wife, mother, but mostly, as a daughter of God. Precept is studying the word so you can interpret it in context for proper application (which Nic is going to start teaching in January!) and while that is always a GREAT thing to learn and moves you to a greater understanding of God and who He is, it tends to feed my intellect more than my heart.

I'm in need of some heart food.

Anyone have suggestions for me?

2 comments:

NerdMom said...

I have really loved all of Beth Moore's studies that I have done so far. I really liked Patriarchs but the video really helps make it. I also liked Beloved Disciple.

Jacinda said...

Well, I wish I could contribute some great study for you, but I'm in the same boat! I was actually checking to see what your responses back were. Heather did a post about this I think last month and got lots of feedback. That may be a resource for you! If you find something let me know!